Tilt motor running slow

I have a 2003 200 hp Ficht motor. My tilt/trim motor seams to be running slow. It is like it is under a heavy load going up and down. It doesn't matter if it is just tilting or on the trim rams. Any good way to check and see if this is a motor problem or a pump problem? Any help is appreciated.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    How's the battery? Fully charged and no wing nuts on the posts?

3. Member
    The battery is a year old. There is no hesitation cranking the motor and it shows good voltage but drops about 1/2 a volt when the trim is engaged whether up or down. There are no wing nuts. I did go through and tighten the nuts on all the connections from the battery to the motor. Positive and negative.

4. Member
    I went out to start getting things ready to go camping next weekend and was going to put the motor on the motor toter and it wouldn't say anything. I then plugged my charger in and the cranking battery indicator just showed a flashing light. After some checking, I had 3 volts on my battery. Plugged in to a regular charger to see what it would do and it showed a full charge. Still it only had about 3 volts. Bottom line, don't think your battery is good just because of age. Thanks for the hep ChampioNman. It seams to be working as it should now.