Looking for a Part

Hello,

I had my 2008 etec 200 HO model R200DHLSEA per no 5234030 in for motor mount replacements and the shop called to say that the inner exhaust housing is cracked and that the parts are on back order. I looked up in the evinrude parts catalog on line and could find my model number. I don't have the boat by me to verify the model number I only have the printout from an old report. Any thoughts on what model would be the same and were I could get the part?

tks

Adam

2. Member
    Get the part number he needs and search online for it. eBay has been a good source for used

OP, I think my 2008 200HO motor mount may be shot as well. When tilted up and sitting in the parking lot it seems pretty loose at the steering tubes. Is that what your was like? Also, a month ago I started hearing a sputtering sound, almost like an exhaust leak. When I take the cowl off I don't hear it but with it on I hear it. Did yours develop that sound?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    There wasn't play at the steering tube. The play was in the motor itself. It looks like loose steering but the movement is in the powerhead. It occasionally would sound louder when taking off, not so bad that I thought something was wrong. When they were replacing the mounts they noticed the cracked exhaust housing. I'm not sure if it is the upper or lower.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Upper motor mount part number 0984468 exhaust housing 0351228 I don't believe I'd use a used motor mount but that's just me.