Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar

Sandy hook go ahead to sue remington

I thought this was shot down, i guess its back. Thoughts? Personally i think its buffalo chips.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...urt/index.html
    Keith Rose

In search of what was lost.

2. Banned
    Just letting the lawyers make a few bucks before SCOTUS shoots it down... Bad choice of words, but the truth... Dan

3. idbefishing
    Craziness! What’s next?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Craziness! What’s next?
    I'm suing Trojan. Not my fault for having kids.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

5. Member
    If you read the article, they're suing over the advertising saying it goes against state laws. Just wanted to throw that out there before everyone starts going cray without reading it...

6. Member
    Total B.S., Its not the Guns fault or the Gun Makers fault the gun itself was just a tool, its the mentally disturbed sick in the head individuals who are looking for their recognition who is at fault. I don't know, but if they allow them to sue the Gun Maker, then is this not just putting a money value on a persons life? IMO A persons life is priceless! That is my Thoughts on this matter.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

7. Member
    Looks like my Dad’s 1100 will end up being a collectors item.

8. Member
    I don’t have an issue with it, but with all the BBC constitutional lawyers, I’m sure it infringes on rights. Let the justice system work it out.

9. Member
    Suing Remington on this case makes no sense. Suing automakers when some lunatic runs a car or truck into a crowd of people would be just as logical....which is to say not at all.

10. Member
    Coming soon.....
    My pending lawsuit vs Burger King for my weight fluctuations.
    Go Gators!

"If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

12. Member
    Not a fan of any industry/company getting special protections. The tobacco industry, Major League Baseball and the NCAA are just a few examples of powerful lobbies that got special exemptions along with the NRA. Seems like everyone of these exemptions lead to abuse. Everyone should be responsible for their actions/products to some degree, that's what courts are for. If Remington (or any gun maker) were advertising a gun as "the perfect weapon for a mass shooting" or "easiest platform to home modify to fully automatic operation" we'd all agree they should be held accountable. Under current rules they could say anything and get away with it.

13. Member
    How did John Roberts vote?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    Not a fan of any industry/company getting special protections. The tobacco industry, Major League Baseball and the NCAA are just a few examples of powerful lobbies that got special exemptions along with the NRA. Seems like everyone of these exemptions lead to abuse. Everyone should be responsible for their actions/products to some degree, that's what courts are for. If Remington (or any gun maker) were advertising a gun as "the perfect weapon for a mass shooting" or "easiest platform to home modify to fully automatic operation" we'd all agree they should be held accountable. Under current rules they could say anything and get away with it.
    WTF does this mean? So Stanley tools is responsible for someone killed with a claw hammer and Buck knives is liable for a deranged lunatic stabbing people to death? The “tool” is not the killer.

15. Member
    OK if if I pad once before .........?
    GETFISHED !!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    WTF does this mean? So Stanley tools is responsible for someone killed with a claw hammer and Buck knives is liable for a deranged lunatic stabbing people to death? The “tool” is not the killer.
    No, that is not what I said. If Stanley built a bright colored hammer with a spike on one end, then marketed it as a child's toy (Thor's Hammer) and sold it for $.49 they would have some liability IMO but a they would likely be sued and a court would decide. All gun manufacturers have a special exemption from all liability. I'm sure Stanley would love to have that exemption too. I'm just saying all manufacturers should be treated the same.

17. Member
    I guess we need to sue automobile manufactures too ; after all, people die getting hit by cars. And car companies " target " a younger audience, so lets just drink the kool aid and sue / ban everything that kills too. These are such sad times we are living in. The left is so pathetic.

18. Member
    This is not a left or right thing. I'm not saying we don't need tort reform. I'm saying one industry should not be exempt while other aren't, that's all.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    No, that is not what I said. If Stanley built a bright colored hammer with a spike on one end, then marketed it as a child's toy (Thor's Hammer) and sold it for $.49 they would have some liability IMO but a they would likely be sued and a court would decide. All gun manufacturers have a special exemption from all liability. I'm sure Stanley would love to have that exemption too. I'm just saying all manufacturers should be treated the same.
    It's called a pick and Stanley makes one which just like a weapon will not do any damage without that input from the user.

20. Member
    I think Remington just exited Bankruptcy last year...maybe they should claim bankruptcy again. Those damn guns keep killing people...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast