Rayburn was good last weekend

For learning the boat more anyways. I finally got some more seat time in the 721 this weekend. I went to the lake for the sole purpose of getting used to the boat and what it likes, and does not like. I had her to 79.7 a while back but it was brief. This past weekend the lake was pretty smooth so I hooked her up and went to do nothing but drive. The last time out I had JP set at 3 and she chined pretty hard and fast right before 80. I made a few passes at 70-73 to get more feel for the boat, then started making some runs with the hammer down. I moved the JP up to 5 as some have told me to do, and she was pretty stable at 75. I bumped the trim up and she gained a little more speed. I managed to hit 80.1 with 96% fuel, full load and 2-12ft talons on the back. I raised the JP up a tad and she lost speed so I thought maybe 5 was too high. I wanted to make some passes with JP on 4 and work up from there to find the sweet spot but the low oil light came on, I should have made sure it was full before I left. I think she has a little more in her, will find out this coming weekend but Im happy at how stable she is at 80 now.

74643646_10217932770728554_7231115881391063040_o.jpg
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Banned
    On one of the best lakes in the country and you give a thorough page long report on speed and handling and not one mention of a fishing report? Title says Rayburn was good, good for what?

Jimmy be hung up on how fast his fishin boat can go.

His line is rotting away on the reels.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

4. Member
    I burned almost a gallon of fuel from 5:45am-3:15pm Saturday at Rayburn. My HS boys caught 50+ keepers on one spot and came in 3rd in the THSBA tourney. You shoulda stopped and slung a crankbait some!
    2014 920/SHO

It took me several years to get my Cat dialed in. If it was in the water, there was most likely a fishing rod in my hand. Could probably still wring a little more out of it, but there’s fish to catch!
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    Every time to go to Rayburn to learn the boat, I end up fishing and not driving lol...I didn't even take the rods out of the locker this time lol. But the last few times I have fished, it was hit and miss on bass. I think the lake is still falling and with these last 2 cold fronts, Im sure they have moved out deep. My kiddo is coming in the weekend, so we will be getting some lines wet for sure. Saturday is supposed to be sunny and 61...But then again, this IS Texas, so that could change to 40 degrees or 80 degrees by then lol
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo