Looking for a Guide: Lake Poinsett or St. Johns possibly?

Heading to the Cocoa Beach area with the family in mid March. I'd love to get out on the water for a day, and am looking for any recommendations on lakes and guides.
    I'm willing to drive a little bit if needed, but Lake Poinsett looks pretty close to where i'll be staying.
    Any help is always appreciated.

2. Banned
    I do not know of any guides that fish Poinsett. There used to be a couple, but they have moved on. There is a local inshore guide that sometimes guides out of Lake Washington and the St John river south of Melbourne, but he is more of a flyfishing guide. I will see if I can locate his name for you and you can contact him.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jturk4 View Post
    Heading to the Cocoa Beach area with the family in mid March. I'd love to get out on the water for a day, and am looking for any recommendations on lakes and guides.
    I'm willing to drive a little bit if needed, but Lake Poinsett looks pretty close to where i'll be staying.
    Any help is always appreciated.
    No fish no guides, you can thank the FWC and SJWM for nuking that part of the St johns into a stinking mudhole.

4. Member
    So it sounds like it would be best to avoid fishing these areas...
    It's likely going to be the only day i get to fish between now and May, (lakes are starting to freeze up here, and i don't ice fish) so i definitely want to make it count.
    Any other lakes you could suggest and guides?

5. Member
    Drive to Kissimmee, some excellent guides on Toho. Its a little over an hour drive.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jturk4 View Post
    So it sounds like it would be best to avoid fishing these areas...
    It's likely going to be the only day i get to fish between now and May, (lakes are starting to freeze up here, and i don't ice fish) so i definitely want to make it count.
    Any other lakes you could suggest and guides?
    Stick Marsh/Farm 13

7. Member
    Find a guide for either the Kissimmee Chain, Butler Chain or Harris Chain. The river and lake on the river are in sad shape.
    Brad Krone

8. Banned
    The guide I was talking about is no longer booking trips.