1998 Chanpion Elite

I have the 1998 Champion 221 Elite (serial numbers match) featured in the 1998 Champion Boat brochure. I know that doesn't make it any more valuable but it is kind of neat. The boat is still solid and tournament ready. The motor runs great and is low hours for it's age. The top cap has several spider cracks. I think the transom is solid but would want it checked out an repaired if needed. I need to get a ball park estimate on a restoration. Do you folks have suggestions? I'm in SW Kansas so I know I will be hauling it half way across the country. I just don't think I can buy a boat that I will be as happy with as my old Champ. Thanks

2. Banned
    neat? yeah.
    More value? nope

3. Banned
    Toledo Fiberglass is where I’d take it.

4. Pat Goff
    There are some highly recommended shops in Missouri, I'd PM Matt Mosher and ask him.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Championship Marine Spokane Missouri https://www.championshipmarine.com/

+1 on Championship Marine

email me some photos at: justin@russellmarineproducts.com

Championship Marine, they're very familiar with Champs...

9. Member
    Just had my 221 done. I’ll elaborate later. 6k for transom, top cap and some other nickel/dime stuff. I run big water up here and after one season of running some rough stuff, no cracks yet. FYI, I know they are coming. Also, I did Seacast with a shop that has done a lot of them. My transom was not rotting, it had gotten wet prior to me owning it. It was delaminating/swelling, cracks were ugly. Easy money to spend on a paid for boat that outruns some on the way out and all on the way back��

10. Member
    Who did your work?

11. Member
    Invision Boatworks. Saginaw Mi. Top cap was completely redone. It no longer has flake. It is all white. Gloss from the rub rail to what was flake. Non-slip gel to the carpet. Probably not everyone’s cup of tea. I love it.

12. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bltnme View Post
    Invision Boatworks. Saginaw Mi. Top cap was completely redone. It no longer has flake. It is all white. Gloss from the rub rail to what was flake. Non-slip gel to the carpet. Probably not everyone’s cup of tea. I love it.
    Post some pictures if you don't mind, I would like to look at it.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

I would like to see it as well. Interested in the local shops work in case i need thier services

14. Member
    For sure. She in the barn now but looking at some possible weather ahead, she’ll be out around thanksgiving for fishing or to shut’er down for the year. I’ve been meaning to post some pics. I fabricated some (I think) cool mods for the bow and console. Not Beechcues cool, but pretty sharp. I’ll start a separate thread so you don’t miss it.