Where do you hide from the wrath of God?

--at the foot of the Cross.

Sin makes us do spiritually insane things. Adam and Eve tried to hide from God after the fall. The same God who knows where every molecule and atom on Jupiter belongs (and keeps them there). God asked, "Adam, where are you?"--in relationship to me. Adam eventually believed God would send a Savior someday and it was credited to him as righteousness. "The righteous will live by faith." Hab 2:4.

Heb 10:31 "It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." It should also be noted that for believers the very best place to be is "in the hands of the living God."

God's wrath has already been exhausted at the Cross, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Ps 22:1, Mt 45:46b. Death is separation of body and soul (not natural, violent). Eternal death is separation from God. God forsook Christ. Reside in peace, Christ also said from the Cross, "It is finished." As an act of will, Christ died and defeated sin, death, devil, hell.

Isaiah 26:19-21
    But your dead will live, Lord;
    their bodies will rise—
    let those who dwell in the dust
    wake up and shout for joy—
    your dew is like the dew of the morning;
    the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
    and shut the doors behind you;
    hide yourselves for a little while
    until his wrath has passed by.

21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
    to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
    The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
    the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

v 20. Hide from wrath in the one place that God has promised to be found: His Word. The same Word that created and sustains every atom on Jupiter will create and sustain us (physically and spiritually). The same Word that testifies to the Cross.

Last edited by msethsmile; 11-12-2019 at 09:33 AM.

2. Member
    He is our refuge and strength. Wrath passes by.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 11-12-2019 at 09:44 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    --at the foot of the Cross.

Sin makes us do spiritually insane things. Adam and Eve tried to hide from God after the fall. The same God who knows where every molecule and atom on Jupiter belongs (and keeps them there). God asked, "Adam, where are you?"--in relationship to me. Adam eventually believed God would send a Savior someday and it was credited to him as righteousness. "The righteous will live by faith." Hab 2:4.

Heb 10:31 "It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." It should also be noted that for believers the very best place to be is "in the hands of the living God."

God's wrath has already been exhausted at the Cross, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Ps 22:1, Mt 45:46b. Death is separation of body and soul (not natural, violent). Eternal death is separation from God. God forsook Christ. Reside in peace, Christ also said from the Cross, "It is finished." As an act of will, Christ died and defeated sin, death, devil, hell.

Isaiah 26:19-21
    But your dead will live, Lord;
    their bodies will rise—
    let those who dwell in the dust
    wake up and shout for joy—
    your dew is like the dew of the morning;
    the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
    and shut the doors behind you;
    hide yourselves for a little while
    until his wrath has passed by.

21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
    to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
    The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
    the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

v 20. Hide from wrath in the one place that God has promised to be found: His Word. The same Word that created and sustains every atom on Jupiter will create and sustain us (physically and spiritually). The same Word that testifies to the Cross.

At you leisure, read the book of Job, and you will have your answer.
    Excellent reading to be blessed with.