Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Care Products for New Boat

I've searched to forum and google and I have seen a million answers.

I just want simple feedback on what everyone uses to protect their boats as far as wax or sealant products and sprays for wipe down as soon as it comes out of the water.

I also would like to know what people use to protect their seats and other hard surfaces.

Any feedback is appreciated!

2. Member
    1. I always wipe my boat down in the lot after a day of fishing with a microfiber towel and water and sometimes spray on a wax as you dry product first
    2. About every other month I use a product call Bow to Stern https://www.btsproducts.com/ I just spray it on the boat, let it dry and wipe off. This same company also makes a product for your car or truck that is fantastic as well.
    3. I also use the Formula 303 protectant on my seats and other surfaces. This company also has a carpet protectant spray as well if you like.

Also, about once a month I brush my carpet with a stiff brush then spray a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar all over the carpet. Then brush again, let dry and vacuum. Keeps the carpet fresh and clean. Note, I almost always vacuum my carpet after each trip as well.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Top Coat F-11 !! Pricey, but wow, what a shine !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

I've been doing some reading.

I am thinking about using Pro-Tec's sealant polish then using Eagle One Wax As You Dry when it comes out of the water.

Pro-Tec also has a Vinyl Sealant. I'm thinking about giving it a try on the seats......

Before I became boatless I always wiped my boat down at the ramp parking lot with a mixture of 80/20 water and Dawn. After drying I always used Bass Boat Saver on the boat and motor. It's an excellent product. Twice a year I would wax it with a good carnauba wax.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ford4wd08 View Post
    I've been doing some reading.

I am thinking about using Pro-Tec's sealant polish then using Eagle One Wax As You Dry when it comes out of the water.

Pro-Tec also has a Vinyl Sealant. I'm thinking about giving it a try on the seats......
    I believe most of these products like Pro-Tec, BassBoatSaver, BowtoStern, F11 and others are all polymer sealer/wax type products. You can even use one of those newer ceramic waxes for marine use if you want. I'm not an expert and there are plenty of articles and opinions on this. I think they are all good products and will work so you can just pick the one that you want and go from there. I've had real good luck with the Bow to Stern but I store my boat in the garage so that really helps with the oxidation. I also think if you wipe your boat down after every trip that makes a huge difference.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

I use Bass Boat Saver on everything in/on the boat. Have since day one. Every once in a while I will use the wax as you dry, but overall it is hard to beat BBS.

8. Member
    303 aerospace on literally everything. Used to have specialized products realized 303 is the KING.

In my boat I keep 303, wash mitts, microfibers, a small carpet brush and tuff stuff for carpet stains, and a pack of detailing brushes for the small spots and rub rails.

Clean your boat after every trip with the product of choice. It’s not so much the product as it is using it I use Lucas slick mist because it works great and is easy to get. My Skeeter is 10 yrs old and looks like new.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I believe most of these products like Pro-Tec, BassBoatSaver, BowtoStern, F11 and others are all polymer sealer/wax type products. You can even use one of those newer ceramic waxes for marine use if you want. I'm not an expert and there are plenty of articles and opinions on this. I think they are all good products and will work so you can just pick the one that you want and go from there. I've had real good luck with the Bow to Stern but I store my boat in the garage so that really helps with the oxidation. I also think if you wipe your boat down after every trip that makes a huge difference.
    I tend to agree with you.

I am a firm believer in wiping the boat down prior to putting it up in the garage for storage. I can't always do it at the ramp, but I always do it before backing it in the garage.

11. Member
    when i get the boat on the trailer i take a micro fiber towel and pour a bottled water ( i put my finger on the bottle and drizzle fresh water all around the boat) then go over it with the clean micro fiber towel. after it drys i use another clean dry micro fiber towel and use slick mist. and it feels smooth like glass. I am gonna start useing protec for every couple months kinda thing bc it has polymers which gets into the pours of the gel coat. Hope this helps but i do like to use freash water on it first to get the dirt off then hit it with the slick mist. invest in many microfiber towels and when they get dirty just wash em out.

12. Member
    Gyeon Quartz ceramic coating for a base coat, followed by their Q2m Cure spray for maintenance.

Pricey, but you will not find a better product/system. Here's the result, on my 1990 Ranger.

13. Member
    That ceramic product looks awesome may have to try that in the spring.

Most any product/products will work. Most do not use them enough.....you can’t use em too much. Get the water off your ASAP after using then just wax away, a coat on the top cap every few weeks is cool. Only takes a few minutes.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

15. Banned
    Ceramic coating if you really want durability. They need to be maintained with a good SiO2 product.

Just know that prep is everything when it comes to ceramic coatings. If your boat looks like shit to begin with it's just going to trap that shitty look underneath a hard coating.

For a new boat probably good idea to ceramic coat it.

I like DPC products. DPC Shield ceramic coating and DPC Armor for maintenance. Can be bought at luxurymicrofiber.com

16. Member
    I use boat bling products. There hot sauce works well on the boat and motor and I wipe down after every use. Then every few weeks I use the quickie sauce for a wax and it maintains its shine. I use the vinyl sauce on the seats and on the carpet when it gets stained.

17. Member
    Lucas Oil Slick Mist with microfiber towel immediately after putting on trailer and pulling out of the lake every single outing. Entire boat and motor. 303 on seats about once a month. 50/50 water/vinegar mix in my carpet shampooer to shampoo the carpets twice a year.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

18. Member
    I mist down the boat with windex streak free 50/50 mix water. micro towel when it comes out of the lake. I use the BTS once each spring to begin season. Boat is an 08 and looks show room new always.

Wash and seal with the ProTec system. That automatically makes it easier to maintain. Doubt you’ll need the Nu-Paint polish on a new boat. Use the Showroom Conditioner between washes, and at the ramp. Personally, I use the ProTec wash and sealer, but I switched to Nu Finish Spray Foam Detailer for wipe downs to maintain the shine, and protect the finish. It’s a polymer, not a wax. And fairly cheap per bottle.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

20. Member
    I find the hull and interior of the boat relatively easy to maintain but is there anything you can spray or apply in the jackplate/transom area? I find it's the hardest area to keep clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast