Towing 21’ boat with Ford Raptor?

How does the new Raptors handle big boats? Considering replacing my 06 tundra. Thanks.

I’ve got a 19 F150 Limited that has the Raptor motor in it. I towed a 24’ Hurricane deck boat with it and it towed it great. You’ll have no problems towing a bass boat with the Raptor.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

The biggest gripe I’ve heard from current Raptor owners is the suspension is a little “spongy” due to the softer springs and increased travel. They will sag quite a bit with load on the hitch as well. They can certainly handle a trailer, just be aware of the trade offs with a suspension made more for off roading than towing.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

4. Member
    I have a 2014 Raptor that tows my 520 great. It is not quite as powerful as the new ones and the new ones have a little better suspension. If you don’t load the bed with too much weight, it does well. Payload is its challenge with the linear springs on them, but they are worth it for the ride. The new ones with the active shocks ride even better. Keep the weights within spec and there should be no concerns. Just turned 100000 on mine this weekend and launched it for some celebratory fun. Can’t do that in your Tundra. Its also the best snow truck you can buy straight from the factory.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoBob View Post
    I have a 2014 Raptor that tows my 520 great. It is not quite as powerful as the new ones and the new ones have a little better suspension. If you don’t load the bed with too much weight, it does well. Payload is its challenge with the linear springs on them, but they are worth it for the ride. The new ones with the active shocks ride even better. Keep the weights within spec and there should be no concerns. Just turned 100000 on mine this weekend and launched it for some celebratory fun. Can’t do that in your Tundra. Its also the best snow truck you can buy straight from the factory.
    The Raptor indeed has a better off road set up than the TRD Pro Tundra. But, there are video clips of people jumping them online. My 2015 was a blast the little off roading I did with it. Most test back then rated the Raptor the best off road and the Tundra won the best in several categories including towing with a 9200 pound rating. I got tired of the small gas tank (fixed in 2016) and the factory Borla exhaust drone when I was towing.

The Raptor should have no issues towing a bass boat. Both of them have insane resale values. At least the 6.2 Raptors did when I looked at them. I drove my 2015 TRD Pro Tundra for 52,000 miles and sold it for 4,000 less than sticker...not too shabby.

6. Member
    My Raptor is NOT my favorite tow vehicle. Great off road hunting truck but put a trailer behind it and things change.

7. Banned
    I have a '19 Raptor and tow a 22' bay boat on a tandem trailer that weighs in a little over 4k pounds with all my gear in it. Ass end squats quit a bit but still handles just fine and have over 5k miles towing.

8. Member
    What drop hitch are you using with your Raptor? Just picked up a 19 and wont have access to my boat till spring.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenMCC View Post
    What drop hitch are you using with your Raptor? Just picked up a 19 and wont have access to my boat till spring.
    2"

10. Member
    It will do fine. A regular F-150 will do better though. As a dealer tech, we have had a lot of problems with the new Raptor's and quite a few of the customers have traded and got a regular F-150 instead
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66