Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dartag1829

Brad Hallman from FLW to Bass Opens

Pretty good show on BTL yesterday. Not exactly a star but Brad Hallman gave his explanation on leaving FLW to fish the Bass Opens. He has won 2 tour events in the last couple years. He was really emotional about FLW being sold and BPT taking over. Was interesting listening to him give his reasons. Seemed more personal than business related. He hopes to qualify for the Elites. Wishing him luck. Going to be a tough road.

Who's next.

2. Member
    Trust me he will qualify.

3. Member
    He is a very underrated pro and he has a good chance of making it. I wish him the best.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

I like it when Brad is on the show. He brings a great perspective from a touring pro.

I hope he makes it to the Elites ASAP!
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

5. Member
    The first of many. Even hearing rumors of a few big names leaving BPT for the opens.....but just rumors right now

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    The first of many. Even hearing rumors of a few big names leaving BPT for the opens.....but just rumors right now
    You hear rumors in the basement???... Seek help... Dan

7. Member
    Does Mom's basement have a hotline where people call in with the term "Blue Horseshoe" for inside information?
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

I hear rumors that your rumors are fake news.

9. Banned

These guys on here just don’t get it.

Did any of you guys listen to the newest Luke Dunkin podcast with Andrew Upshaw? It was a great interview and he said many guys will be leaving FLW due to their new operations. One of Dunkins best shows to date. Upshaw hinted that he might go to the Opens too.

I am a bit surprised that Hallman split and where’s that member Redfish99 at, he/she claimed “that everyone wants into the BPT; because it’s the premiere league”.....not looking that way now.

10. Member
    like who?

11. Member
    His rationalization was interesting and not something that had crossed my mind. But he said it was all about making it to a top level tour. He could spend $80k at FLW for 10 spots at BPT or spend 29k for a chance at 24 spots on Elite Series. Plus he said he hates the BPT format. But using his logic, I could see more FLW guys than I thought go to the opens.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    These guys on here just don’t get it.

Did any of you guys listen to the newest Luke Dunkin podcast with Andrew Upshaw? It was a great interview and he said many guys will be leaving FLW due to their new operations.

I am a bit surprised that Hallman split and where’s that member Redfish99 at, he/she claimed “that everyone wants into the BPT; because it’s the premiere league”.....not looking that way now.
    what does that have to do with guys who fished bpt last year leaving for the opens? Did he mention that?

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    what does that have to do with guys who fished bpt last year leaving for the opens? Did he mention that?
    Yes he did touch on it, maybe you should listen to the podcast before you make yourself look stupid. But maybe you missed the title of this thread it’s about Hallman and other FLW guys bailing.

You do realize that all these anglers discuss this stuff with each other, right???

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Yes he did touch on it, maybe you should listen to the podcast before you make yourself look stupid. But maybe you missed the title of this thread it’s about Hallman and other FLW guys bailing.

You do realize that all these anglers discuss this stuff with each other, right???
    I didn’t know asking a question was stupid. I wasn’t the first one who brought up the bpt guys in this thread.

15. Member
    I'm surprised that guys like Bradley are bailing. I thought it would take a season before that happened. I guess their calculation is they are 2 years and 100k from getting into the BPT, if things go well. They are 1 year and 16k from the Elite tour, plus they could get lucky and make the Classic along the way.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    I guess their calculation is they are 2 years and 100k from getting into the BPT, if things go well. They are 1 year and 16k from the Elite tour, plus they could get lucky and make the Classic along the way.
    I believe this is exactly what some of them are thinking.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

17. Banned
    I'm surprised that guys like Bradley are bailing. I thought it would take a season before that happened. I guess their calculation is they are 2 years and 100k from getting into the BPT, if things go well. They are 1 year and 16k from the Elite tour, plus they could get lucky and make the Classic along the way.
    My guess is they want to establish a spot on the elites before the 3 year window when some of the bpt guys can return.

His end goal isn't to fish the MLF. He doesn't like the format, it doesn't excite him. His words.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    My guess is they want to establish a spot on the elites before the 3 year window when some of the bpt guys can return.
    That is a good point. I didn't think of that.

20. Banned

Check out the Upshaw interview, he laid it out there directly and how the FLW guys are basically sitting ducks. It was the best explanation to date.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast