Question Part No. fuel injector O-ring

Serial No. 1B549967

I have a 2008 Mercury Optimax Pro XS and I need to buy new O rings for my fuel injectors. How do I find the part number so I can order online?

Thank you.
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Look up the serial number on our website: www.mercurypartsonline.net

Look under FUEL SYSTEM, and choose item# 12 or 13 as appropriate.

12 is the LARGE one, 13 is the SMALL one.

Can also order by email- see Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of this forum).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you. That worked and the parts are on their way.
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

4. Member
    One more question, can you recommend an assembly lube for the O ring when I install the injector? I can't seem to find the McKay lube any where and was considering the one from Lucas Oil. Thanks.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Same oil you use in your oil tank would be my recommendation.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor