Thread: Freshwater Line

Freshwater Line

I’m new to MD. Anyone know where the freshwater line is for the upper Chesapeake Bay Area? I can’t seem to find anything online. I’m assuming there’s a lot of brackish areas but don’t know where the freshwater starts.

I believe the DNR using the Interstate 95 bridge or the mouth of Deer creek for the line, however the brackish water reaches a bit further up depending on rainfall. Each tributary has it's own line, I'd bet the DNR has it listed somewhere. Tidal vs non tidal is what you are looking for.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/app...9f72915f45f4e4

The upper boundary is the conowingo dam. Everything south of there is considered tidal for licensing purposes. The freshwater boundaries are at the mouths of various creeks off of the bay rivers. As far as fishing goes, mostly everything north of middle river fishes like freshwater. Bass, pickeral, crappie etc. (and snakehead)
    2003 Champion 187 SC
    2003 Yamaha VMAX 150

4. Member
    you can find the salidility line on NOAA