Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Mike View Post
    The thing is this, we are on this site cause we love fishing.

We are all good fathers, sons, brothers and sisters, mothers don’t wanna leave anyone out.

we love the outdoors and everyone would protect it with their lives I’m sure of it.

We are 99% alike much more than Facebook and what ever social site you can think of.

im sure there are no child molesters or wife beaters on here.

So many craftsmen and people really,really good a what they do.

Everyday Ilearn something about electrical, mechanical, law, illnesses the list goes on and on.

Everyone has something to offer here,

I need to more appreciative of the good community here.

2. Member
    That’s true

3. Member
    Do you know much about solar cycles? Specifically the solar maximums and minimums? And that some say we are entering into a solar Minimum (and possible a grand solar minimum) and how much these cycles effect the temperatures on earth? And what is the actual period of this particular cycle within the sun? And could we possible have enough information about the longer cycles to even make an educated assumption.

Also, wouldn’t it be better if people put those windshield/dash board reflector things on the outside on the car? This reflecting the rays before they made it through the windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Do you know much about solar cycles? Specifically the solar maximums and minimums? And that some say we are entering into a solar Minimum (and possible a grand solar minimum) and how much these cycles effect the temperatures on earth? And what is the actual period of this particular cycle within the sun? And could we possible have enough information about the longer cycles to even make an educated assumption.

Also, wouldn’t it be better if people put those windshield/dash board reflector things on the outside on the car? This reflecting the rays before they made it through the windshield?
    So I’m assuming a solar minimum would be a period of colder than normal?

What if it’s Gods will forbthe earth to change climate?

What if earth will be ‘hell’ eventually.

Should a good Christian try to change the plan?

Like leaves in the fall. They land right where God wants them. I respect his wishes. I’m not moving them.
    Do you not rake your leaves?

6. Member
    I do not. They are at the mercy of God's winds.

7. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    I do not. They are at the mercy of God's winds.
    Um didn't God make us stewards of his creation? Wouldn't that include everything on the earth including your yard? Seems that you are only reading half the story. And no disrespect ment.

8. Member
    Wonder who measured all the gases that came from the Mt St Helen eruption. So you also think if a volcano erupts deep under the ocean and the the gases eventually rise to the surface. Someone is measuring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfowlmagnet View Post
    You guys are preaching to the choir in the US, we've dropped our CO2 output by 15% since 2006 and China has risen 40%.
    How can that be ? They attended the Paris accord didn’t they ? LoL

10. Member
    Why do people assume the sun emits the same amount of heat all the time? All science was in agreement that the earth was flat no long ago.... so we should agree with them now? HA!

Gets much colder, I am goin' down to the bar and find chunky one to keep me warm!

12. Member
    If man is the true cause of global warming/Climate change than we can all kiss our butts goodbye. Read my post 159.

My thoughts are that the earths population is exploding. With time man has increased his ability to create machines faster and the larger population wants them. When I was young there were no computers, laptops, iPad, Smart phones, flat screens in every room, and many more toys that are now available. ALL these take Electricity, Petroleum, and plenty chemicals to produce them. This is not taking into the consideration the amount of vehicle's produced worldwide. China alone, their auto industry now, as compared to the 70's is mind boggling.

Does all this impact our environment? I don't see how it wouldn't. Do scientist really know the long term results of it? I believe they don't. Mother nature makes her own rules.
    I believe the earths growing population, mans wish for power, evil, will have a huge impact on future generations well before an environmental change does.

Here's a simple thought. Eggs, milk, and chicken. How much does the USA consume daily? Just those 3. We cook them in our homes. Than you have IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, and every KFC, Popeyes and churches chicken adding to the consuming of those 3 simple products. How long will we be able to continue the supply as our population continues to grow...fast?? I believe FOOD will be an issue waaay before the environment decides its had enough of man. Just a thought!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

So I was reading a climate change article (that was endorsed by 11,000 "Scientists"), carbon emitted into the atmosphere had increased, on a global basis, in both 2017, and 2018. We, the US, also saw an increase in carbon emissions during 2017, and 2018.

So what was one of the reasons cited for the increase in carbon emissions in the US? Well, get ready for this, it was because the last couple of winters were COLDER than usual which leads to the use of more energy to heat homes.

We're screwed.

14. Member
    Im scared that I have to keep reading or hearing the end is near the sky is falling blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    So I was reading a climate change article (that was endorsed by 11,000 "Scientists"), carbon emitted into the atmosphere had increased, on a global basis, in both 2017, and 2018. We, the US, also saw an increase in carbon emissions during 2017, and 2018.

So what was one of the reasons cited for the increase in carbon emissions in the US? Well, get ready for this, it was because the last couple of winters were COLDER than usual which leads to the use of more energy to heat homes.

We're screwed.
    Mr. Scientist your Grant proposal was denied by the board, it does not meet the criteria of our intended purpose.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfowlmagnet View Post
    You guys are preaching to the choir in the US, we've dropped our CO2 output by 15% since 2006 and China has risen 40%.
    I think the point a lot of people are trying to make but gets super politicized especially with things like the ridiculous "green new deal" is that humans have changed the earths climate, we do not know what will happen if we continue down this path, we should start investing into new technologies and scientific advancements that reduce our dependence on fossil fuels that are subsequently changing our environment.

We cant force China what to do, but is it that bad of thing to try and advance as a society? Could developing new technologies help grow the US job sector while possibly growing the US GDP?

17. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    So what do you actually do
    Recycle/reuse when possible, I compost anything I can for use in the garden, at the landscaping company we compost all our waste instead of taking it to a landfill, we use stainless steel bottles instead of plastic and use stainless steel straws at the house instead of plastic. Also use re-useable canvas shopping bags, I grocery shop at a zero waste market where you bring your own containers to buy from their bulk bins. I buy local eggs/produce/vegetables/meat whenever possible which greatly cuts down on the carbon footprint required to distribute all these things to supermarkets. I don't print paper unless its absolutely necessary, at the house we have replaced our furnace with one that is far more efficient, we have gone with low flow fixtures in all the bathrooms, installed a smart programmable thermostat, we are working to convert all of our lighting over to LED both at home and here at the office......I like to think I do as much as I could but like I said we can all do more.

^^^^^^ At least you're making an effort, I'll give ya that.
    Me on the other hand, not so much, I have no desire to live in the stone age like a cave man.

Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Recycle/reuse when possible, I compost anything I can for use in the garden, at the landscaping company we compost all our waste instead of taking it to a landfill, we use stainless steel bottles instead of plastic and use stainless steel straws at the house instead of plastic. Also use re-useable canvas shopping bags, I grocery shop at a zero waste market where you bring your own containers to buy from their bulk bins. I buy local eggs/produce/vegetables/meat whenever possible which greatly cuts down on the carbon footprint required to distribute all these things to supermarkets. I don't print paper unless its absolutely necessary, at the house we have replaced our furnace with one that is far more efficient, we have gone with low flow fixtures in all the bathrooms, installed a smart programmable thermostat, we are working to convert all of our lighting over to LED both at home and here at the office......I like to think I do as much as I could but like I said we can all do more.
    Jim, have you seen any improvements in climate?

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Jim, have you seen any improvements in climate?
    Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer than today so I guess that’s an improvement but if you like cold weather I guess it’s not.
    Last edited by juice780; 11-14-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast