Thread: offroad tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

offroad tires

My 05 z71 is getting close to needing some new shoes. It is completely stock no lift but i am wanting a little more aggressive tire for hunting. I do not use the truck as a daily so road noise is not a concern. What are yall running?
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

2. T Dub
    If I had a vehicle strictly for hunting I would get very aggressive tires just in case - also if you hunt in cold weather get something with a snow rating

3. Moderator
    If its strickly hunting go with some swampers of some kind. I had TSL's and got decent life out of them and not terrible noise.

I put these Coopers on my daily and really like them so far. Quiet and grip well with no noise. Have about 12K on them so far.
    http://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-xlt

4. Member
    I've been running the Toyo open country MT's on my Tacoma, kind of a deep all terrain tread pattern, good all around tire.

I have the Cooper discover STT Pro's on my 2500 HD and love them.

6. Member
    I'm running Cooper S/T Maxx's and like them as a mud/all-terrain cross. In the past, I ran Toyo and Firestone MT's, the Firestone lasted longer than the Toyos. Both tires had great traction.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

7. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I got 60k out toyo open country mt's am very happy with them. Running 37's toyo mt's on jeep no reason to change love them as well.

8. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Thanks all I will look into all brands mentioned. My truck is not 100 percent a hunting truck but is certainly not my daily. I use truck to pull boat, hunt and for truck duties.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

9. Member
    Look at the Nitto Ridge grappler as well, or if you want something more agressive, the Trail Grappler. Very good off road, good tread life, good traction on the ramp and not that loud. Check the reviews, most very positive. I run the Ridge Grappler as I'm 80% on road and towing the boat.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

Cooper AT3's

11. Member
    Falken Wildpeak AT3 seem to be pretty good. And by far the most affordable of all those mentioned. I put some on my Ram about 6 months ago and they seem to be holding up really well.

12. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by okiemac View Post
    Falken Wildpeak AT3 seem to be pretty good. And by far the most affordable of all those mentioned. I put some on my Ram about 6 months ago and they seem to be holding up really well.
    These will probably be my next set - they also seem to do well in snow

Quote Originally Posted by okiemac View Post
    I’m running fallen wildpeak at3 Tires on my ram 2500 and they have been great. I have about 35,000 miles on them and they are at half tread. I am pretty sure I can get 60k miles out of them. Pretty affordable too as far as tires go.

14. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I almost went with Yokohama Geolander G003 MTs (mud tire with quieter ride) to replace my Ridge Grapplers on my 3500 but found a super great deal on Nitto Ridge Grapplers (hybrid all terrain- mud tire). I spend a lot of time in Arkansas chasing ducks and stay on rutted up muddy farm roads and they do well. I looked at Open Country RT and MT and Nitto Trail Grapplers. Part of me wishes I'd gone with a strictly MT this time. Let us know what you go with.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

15. Member
    Is that an E rated 10 ply tire? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I’m running fallen wildpeak at3 Tires on my ram 2500 and they have been great. I have about 35,000 miles on them and they are at half tread. I am pretty sure I can get 60k miles out of them. Pretty affordable too as far as tires go.

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Is that an E rated 10 ply tire? Thanks.
    Yes sir. I run 10 ply on any truck I have if I can get size.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    These would be my second . In my opinion it is nearly impossible to beat bfg's all terrain, if they still make it that is, for a on or offroad tire. If you don't mind a little noise just about any mud tire is big improvement offroad. 35" explorer pro comp mt's (the old style) are on my cj right now and I think they're awsome. I have a set 33" of Hercules trail digger mt's on my jeep truck that pretty dang aggressive but surprisingly quite on the highway.
    By the way, I have the fallen wild peak a.t. on my silverado, and they may surpass the bfg's as my favorite a.t. tire.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Nitto G2. Great tire for hunting and durable. Stay away from standard Nittos as they cut easily.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

19. Member
    I had bfg km2 mud terrains. Work great in mud, clean out good. HORRIBLE on ice, so so in snow
    bfg ko 2 all terrain much more forgiving. Very good in snow, pretty decent on ice and mud.
    2019 Ranger rt188c
    115 pro xs ct
    Ulterra 24v ipilot link
    bird helix 9 gen2 mega console
    bird helix 10 gen3 mega bow
    spyderlok r100 rod holders
    spyderlok r300 transport

20. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    BFG KO2's
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast