Thread: offroad tires

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    My son and I both run ridge grapplers. They are not a true mud tire but they have been great.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT View Post
    Look at the Nitto Ridge grappler as well, or if you want something more agressive, the Trail Grappler. Very good off road, good tread life, good traction on the ramp and not that loud. Check the reviews, most very positive. I run the Ridge Grappler as I'm 80% on road and towing the boat.
    I agree with this, I run the Ridge Grappler as well. Ive got 30k on them right now and they look new. They've been good in the dirt and mud when Ive needed 4wd and they are pretty quiet on the road for a AT tire, and they look good.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

3. Member
    I've been running the Cooper at3 xlt in the snow up here. Just got through a storm up here around Thanksgiving. Dropped 22 inches of wet heavy stuff. Made it down my unplowed road, and the unplowed highway. A few of the sizes are 3 peak mountain snowflake rated. Ride well and they ride quiet for an At tire.

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollopoint94 View Post
    I've been running the Cooper at3 xlt in the snow up here. Just got through a storm up here around Thanksgiving. Dropped 22 inches of wet heavy stuff. Made it down my unplowed road, and the unplowed highway. A few of the sizes are 3 peak mountain snowflake rated. Ride well and they ride quiet for an At tire.
    Was with my youngest last weekend cooper atx3. I do not recommend them in the mud. Now self cleaning at all.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txdyna65 View Post
    I agree with this, I run the Ridge Grappler as well. Ive got 30k on them right now and they look new. They've been good in the dirt and mud when Ive needed 4wd and they are pretty quiet on the road for a AT tire, and they look good.
    what load range are you running? It does not matter what tire or what brand truck I drive that I can get over 40k miles. Must be the road surface and the way I drive.

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    what load range are you running? It does not matter what tire or what brand truck I drive that I can get over 40k miles. Must be the road surface and the way I drive.
    My son got 50k out the the ridge grapplers on his 3/4 ton Cummins Ram 4x4. Got 35k on mine now ( identical truck)and should be good for 10 to 15k more.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

I have the Falkens on my 3/4 ton silverado with 65,000 miles on them. They've been great and still have a little life left in them. My only complaint is that they'll hydroplane a little quicker than the toyo's or the cooper's that I've had in the past. I'll probably put them on my 1 ton cummins when it needs tires.

BFG KO2 are more money but better tire. Great traction, toughness and lifespan.
    The best for your situation. Won’t ride as well or give best mpg but that wasn’t a concern.
    That’s my .02.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

For the money, hard to go wrong with Cooper. I've had both the ATP's and AT3's, preferred the AT3's. The ATP's got pretty noisy towards the end of their lifespan compared to the AT3's. Got between 50-55k out of both of those, daily driven. I've got a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on now and am really enjoying them so far. They're a little bit more expensive than the Coopers, but not too far off. For an AT tire, I'd recommend that or the AT3. Based on everything I've heard, the MT's from both of those brands are good to go too if you want something even more aggressive.

10. Member
    KO2 nothing else needed don't waste time looking at anything else

11. Member
    These are good too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12