Hard steering Ultrex

It seems my Ultrex has gotten harder to steer to the right?

It still works just fine but seems to take more effort to push down on the pedal and turn right,..also seems to make more noise while turning.

I am worried it will leave me "stranded" in a tournament so I would like to get it taking care of during the off season.

Cary your remote with you as it should still function if a cable is broken my feeling, but the service motor seaming louder is confusing to my theory.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Your Remote will still steer and operate the TM and all functions even tho a cable is broken. It's a little more of a challange in the wind, but will get you thru until you can get it fixed.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    I would be speculating if I would say what it actually is. Hard steering in one direction could be a couple of things. I would get it over to the nearest ASC and have them look at it. could be sensor board in the foot pedal or the steering module or both. Make sure there is no obstruction in the way of the foot pedal.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I would be speculating if I would say what it actually is. Hard steering in one direction could be a couple of things. I would get it over to the nearest ASC and have them look at it. could be sensor board in the foot pedal or the steering module or both. Make sure there is no obstruction in the way of the foot pedal.
    I agree with this. Too many things that it "could" be to try and diagnose over a board such as this. Should go to an ASC
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]