Question Ranger trailer problem

Just bought a 2019 ranger 520c in August and the trailer already has a couple of bubbles in the paint. One has busted and has rust showing. Has anyone had any luck with getting a line x type spray or rust oleum type spray to fix spots on there trailer? I’m wondering if I call Ranger if they will sell me something they use that I can fix it.

2. Member
    I had the same problem went to O'Riley's and bought a can of spray on bed liner, problem solved.
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    I had the same problem went to O'Riley's and bought a can of spray on bed liner, problem solved.
    Did it match perfect or just good enough? Thanks

4. Scraps
    Tough pill to choke on with a new trailer.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Still under warranty right? Let Ranger make it right!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    I agree, if the dealer is close, they should make it right. Option 2 is to use the spray bed liner. I put on Ezee Steps (a must have) however the step that went onto the existing front step put too much outside leverage (they have since fixed it) and it cracked the weld to the post,. I ended welding a corner gusset brace then sprayed it with a matching spray bed liner. You would have to look pretty hard to see the difference and after 3 years it still looks good.

7. Member
    Solvent based Duplicolor truck bed liner matches up best and thats what they will tell you as they said it to me.

I have Road Armor coming off of both axles of my 2018 trailer and Ranger is sending 2 new axles (rather than repair the road armor) to my local dealer at no charge.

The head of customer service at Ranger said they had issues with the Road Armor on some axles not adhering properly and just flaking off

9. Member
    Sounds like they didn't prep the base metal properly before they coated it. You might be looking at a full-on failure of the coating system here.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS