PowerPole Sportsman 2 Question.

have the Sport\mans 2 Powerpole and was out fishing the other day with my brother.

He was in the front of the boat, I was just knapping at the console.

When we went to move, I didn't notice, but he had accidentally touched the down button up from and had deployed the PP.

We took off to our next spot and notice the boat was ridding funny, approx 1/4 mile... Looked at the back of the boat and when I noticed, I slowed down and lifted the PP.

Here is my question, since then, it does not go up or down with the same speed?

What do you guys think has happened?

2. Member
    I did that once, didn't seem to hurt it at all. Try adjusting your speed, maybe somehow that setting was changed.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStratos View Post
    have the Sport\mans 2 Powerpole and was out fishing the other day with my brother.

He was in the front of the boat, I was just knapping at the console.

When we went to move, I didn't notice, but he had accidentally touched the down button up from and had deployed the PP.

We took off to our next spot and notice the boat was ridding funny, approx 1/4 mile... Looked at the back of the boat and when I noticed, I slowed down and lifted the PP.

Here is my question, since then, it does not go up or down with the same speed?

What do you guys think has happened?

All Power Pole pumps have a built in relief valve to protect them from situations such as you describe. Jumping up on plain and running across the lake should not effect the pole speed at all. Have you cycled through the speeds via the dash remote? Is it possible your being sensitive to the situation since you maybe "feel" that you may have damaged the pole not knowing they are designed to take this kind of abuse?

Deploy the pole in the driveway and check to see if the cylinder is straight.

I am not aware of a reason why the pole would slow outside of a bent cylinder or the relief valve kicked open and has not fully shut possibly closing blow by however this would be a first for me.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    All Power Pole pumps have a built in relief valve to protect them from situations such as you describe. Jumping up on plain and running across the lake should not effect the pole speed at all. Have you cycled through the speeds via the dash remote? Is it possible your being sensitive to the situation since you maybe "feel" that you may have damaged the pole not knowing they are designed to take this kind of abuse?

Deploy the pole in the driveway and check to see if the cylinder is straight.

I am not aware of a reason why the pole would slow outside of a bent cylinder or the relief valve kicked open and has not fully shut possibly closing blow by however this would be a first for me.
    I agree with Rich.. cant see why that would have anything to do with the speed of the pole , they are designed with " drive off protection" and you are not the first and wont be the last that this has happened to. I had a 3700 box slide in my compartment and hit my neck fob and deploy my poles at 65 running down the lake " quite the experience" still function how they should. Power Poles can take alot of abuse with no ill effects.

5. Member
    Thanks you guys, I will check on what all of you have said.