Big 3 trolling motors Minn Kota ultrex, Lowrance ghost, Garmin Force ??

This is what I want to use my trolling motor and fish finder / GPS.
    I want to be able to go down a shoreline or around a rockpile or weed bed and record a trail where I've been and save it. And save multiple trails. So in a couple days, couple weeks or years I can go back hit the button and let the unit and trolling motor follow the same trail and take me fishing. Or share the trail with Buddy's. I also want to be able to edit the trail on my computer . With a mapping software.
    Now with the the big three hummingbird / ultrex MinnKota, lowrance ghost and HDs units, And the new Garmin Force linked with there chartplotter which setup is going to be the best to do this.
    2002 Ranger 195vs
    2013 - 200hp Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    I am somewhat prejudiced but this is what I think. Until you can follow contour and use the map to setup a run at a certain depth or even a weed line like you can with LakeMaster maps and iPilot link I think there is still only one choice. The integration of Map,Trolling motor and Fishfinder is the whole package. Not the promise of"someday" its HB,Minnkota and LakeMaster and using Autochart Live JMHO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Been doing this since 2012 with ipilot and 2014 with ipilot link. Nice thing is you don't need a computer. Let's say you record on a calm day and the next time out you have a 15 mph wind from the East, you can follow your trail with an offset of say 15' or 22' so the motor won't blow onto the rocks. Just have to choose your offsets based on your weather and if it was an island you may have to start with an offset, cancel it halfway around and start again with no offset to finish your lap.

ipilot 6 trails
    ipilot link 50 trails.

my opinion is that autopilot set in legacy mode and constant power activated on say 2.5 or 3 will result in only a touch or two every minute as long as your moving, and if you really want to break an area down hit spot lock. Much simpler than running tracks
    Last edited by Fishysam; 11-11-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Do you have to use lakemaster or can you record and make your own map with AutoChart Live's mapping? Can you save the trails and maps
    you make to a chip so you can use them in another boat.
    2002 Ranger 195vs
    2013 - 200hp Mercury Pro XS

5. Member
    Recording an entire lake is time consuming. If there is an HD map of the lake or lakes available you may not need to do recording. If it is only standard rated you can use Auto chart live to supplement the map. In either case you can use them together or autochart by itself. With Ipilot link and a Humminbird to get all the bells and whistles you want a Lakemaster map. They even sell them one lake at a time if you wish.(Chart Select). Go to the HB site for all the info. Bob
    Also, you buy a zero lines card and can take auto chart with to another boat with HB units.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    To answer the question, I would go with the MinnKota/Humminbird setup with Lake Master cards.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]