Thread: Soft drinks?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    there is nothing in the drink that makes you gain weight directly thats a fact. They claim it makes you more hungry. Its total BS. Every study claims x,y,z causes cancer. Its simply not true.
    Sweeteners both real and artificial do increase insulin production; which stops fat lost and can cause weight gain.

there is nothing in the drink that makes you gain weight directly thats a fact. They claim it makes you more hungry. Its total BS. Every study claims x,y,z causes cancer. Its simply not true.
    Not accurate. Not only are the artificial sweeteners proven to be worse for you, the carbonation causes weight gain. by reducing your bodies ability in the digestion process. Its better to eat your calories than drink them.

3. Member
    4 or 5 cups of coffee in the morning then water the rest of the day. If I do have a soda it will have whiskey in it for the evening. 7up with whiskey or ginger ale with scotch.

I will respectfully disagree. In the end its not my place to tell anyone what to drink. I spent a lot of time researching this a few years back when I was losing weight.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314345.php#1

5. Member
    1 or 2 Monster drinks a day , not sure if that's considered a soft drink.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    How much soft drinks do some of you guys and gals consume in a day. I have a cousin that drinks like a 2 liter coke a day..He stopped drinking the cokes and lost like 10 lbs pretty fast and he is just averaged sized guy. I drink around 12 to 24 0z a day. I stopped drinking soft drinks (Mellow Yellow) for 2 weeks and I didnt lose a lb. I drink water and milk most of the time.

Dude you are killing yourself with sugar......you will be a diabetic....

I used to drink lots Mt-dew. Now its lots of sweet tea.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    I don't drink soft drinks. Mostly its coffee with no sweetner or Ice tea with faux sweetner.

9. Member
    I keep two 2 liters of mtn dew next to my bed every night. When I wake up they are both magically empty and I don't remember drinking them

10. Member
    2-3 a month. I cut drinking soda and beer daily and now will only drink soda when we go out to eat. Soda is single handedly one of the worst things you can put in your body. If you want to ween yourself off of it, try drinking flavored carbonated water like La Croix or Bubbly
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    ZERO..have not had a soda since I retired 10 yrs ago. on the other hand...

12. Member
    I drink around 32 to 64 oz of Coke or Pepsi every day. Had some stomach issues several years ago which was caused by stress and the increased acid in the stomach. I quit drinking soda pop and lost 15 lbs in about a month. Unfortunately I am back in the habit. My only vice as I explain to the wife.

13. Member
    I was a heavy coke zero drinker (morning - lunch - dinner - bedtime) for decades. Quit cold turkey last year and replaced it with iced coffee (black only). Coffee and water is what I drink daily and almost always have one or the other with me. I'm on a bourbon (manhattan/old fashioned) kick a few nights/wk
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    I was a heavy coke zero drinker (morning - lunch - dinner - bedtime) for decades. Quit cold turkey last year and replaced it with iced coffee (black only). Coffee and water is what I drink daily and almost always have one or the other with me. I'm on a bourbon (manhattan/old fashioned) kick a few nights/wk
    What was the reason that you stopped with Coke zero? I have been drinking about 3-5 a day for a couple years now

15. Member
    Zero sodas, zero coffee, I drink dairy milk maybe 8-10 times a year, fast food/convenience food, about 6-8 times a year. I drink about 3/4 of a gallon of water per day. I drink a lot of unsweetened ice tea. I have beers once a week.

16. Banned
    If it has Aspartame™ then it isn't 'good' for You.

"How silly of you to think that Nutrasweet replaced sugar — it didn't. It increased the craving for sugar and the percentage of people overweight also has increased." ---- Paul A. Stitt
    "It's an addictive, excitoneurotoxic, carcinogenic, genetically engineered drug and adjuvant that damages the mitochondria.....
    They know its a killer and do nothing."--- Dr. Betty Martini
    [E951. Highly addictive killer. The psychopaths dream product. Covertly kill off the useless eaters while raising the income of your junk food poisons, while it makes you fatter! How they must laugh at this scam. It is obvious Aspartame isn't just a sweetener as you find it in sugar sweetened drinks also.]

Aspartame lawsuits allege major corporations are poisoning the public
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Lawsuits were filed in three separate California courts against twelve companies who either produce or use the artificial sweetener aspartame as a sugar substitute in their products. The suits were filed in Shasta, Sonoma and Butte County, California April 5, 2004 by the National Justice League, plaintiffs.
    The suits allege that the food companies committed fraud and breach of warranty by marketing aspartame-containing products to the public such as Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, sugar free gum, Flintstone's vitamins, yogurt and children's aspirin with the full knowledge that the artificial sweetener is a neurotoxic drug.
    Aspartame is a drug masquerading as an additive. It interacts with other drugs, has a synergistic and additive effect with MSG, and is a chemical hyper-sensitization agent.
    As far back as 1970, Dr. John Olney founded the field of neuroscience called “excitotoxicity” when he conducted studies on aspartic acid, which comprises 40 percent of aspartame, and found it caused lesions in the brains of mice. He made world news on the aspartame/brain tumor connection in l996.
    Dr. Ralph Walton, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine has written of the behavioral and psychiatric problems triggered by aspartame-caused depletion of serotonin.

17. Member
    I was a Dr Pepper fan for many years(4-6 cans a day), cut all sodas two years ago and dropped 15lbs. Then started watching my food intake and lost a total of 35 without exercise!

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I haven't drank any in years used to enjoy a Diet Coke now and then but don't miss it.

19. Member
    I normally drink zero soft drinks.
    The exception is if I get a couple of pizzas for the family
    or occasionally when out to eat. Other than that, none, they are the devil.
    Question everything!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345