Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yadkin Chain Gang members input on next year schedule and rules

Ed, Joel and I talked in length about next year. And we listen to you guy's and gals and want to do what's best for the trail. My philosophy if it's not broke don't fix it, there's not a whole lot to fix about this Trail. But we're we're hearing some things about certain Lakes, especially Lake Tillery and the fish off Lake.
    First proposal is to take Lake Tillery out of the mix this year and put in belews Creek in February. I hear nothing positive about Tillery, but let's get it over with.
    Second thing I'm hearing. Which ever Lake is drawn out for the fish off. Take it out of the hat next year.
    Your input is important, please respond. If you don't want to post it publicly text me and give your opinion.
    Scott 336-239-8501
    May everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving and Christmas this year as we get ready to gear up for next year.

2. Member
    Easy solution.......
    Add Belews in January and keep Tillery on the schedule for February. We are all most likely going to be fishing the next two months anyway, let's have a tournament.

1 -= I thought the tournaments were Yadkin chain lakes, four years ago we added a Ashboro city lake, then Randlman lake now Belews----- 2 hr drive for these is out of the Question for me - guess if that happens I'll se yall a lot less,
    2 = I iike the trick - just wish w could post the lake drawn a few ours earlier

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

4. Banned
    Sounds like the Yadkin chain is not producing anymore and they are having to look elsewhere. 2 hour drives is our limit and has been for many years.

5. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    I'm with Frank on this.

In 2007 (i believe) a few of us fished a little tournament in December on Tillery. We stood around after weigh-in and talked of forming a Yadkin lakes club. The goal was to fish the 4 Yadkin lakes twice a year. From there, a fish-off would be pulled from a hat (of those 4 lakes) and posted the evening before the said tournament in November.

Not only that, but we talked of also asking Al if NC could have it's own board. (It used to be the "VA / NC" board.)

About 4 years into it, someone suggested removing one of the Tillery "t's" and adding Reese.

Then another lake was added, Randleman, a few years later.

The goal of forming this Yadkin trail was to provide an inexpensive trail that was based more on camaraderie and locale.

6. Member
    We can go back to fishing just the big four?
    Keep it simple. Just trying to make everyone happy.

7. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    I understand. I just wanted to explain why it was done to begin with.

Let me also add that if anyone wants to fish more often, just bring it up at a weigh-in and suggest a day. It doesn't have to be a "Yadkin" tournament.
    Last edited by BuzzB8; 11-12-2019 at 12:32 AM.

8. Member
    I'm not interested in Belews Creek, Tillery is by far a better fishery. If your going to move it that far why not go to Norman in January??

I do like removing last years finale lake.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

9. Member
    Thanks for your input. We were just throwing ideas out there. We even said putting Norman in the mix instead of Belews. But Frank made a valid point it the Yadkin Chain.
    Joel, Ed and I just trying to make things better! Not go backwards. But we could go back to the old way. You have to fish 5 tournaments to make the fish off snd draw the Lake out at 6:00 instead of 5:00 like we do now. Fish only the 4 Lakes on the chain.
    That's why we started this thread to get some input. But I realize we not going to make everyone happy!!

10. Banned
    I haven't fished any so really I don't have any input and don't base anything off of what I'm saying but was wondering why the 3 fish limit?

11. Member
    I like what Jerry wrote and the structure of the Yadkin Chain Gang. And, I believe that the addition of Randleman was a good idea since it wasn't open in 2007. Reese would be a good lake to eliminate because of its size. If some members would like to fish other lakes as a tournament "call a Member Wildcat for that lake after a regular schedule tournament". FYI - there are two groups that hold a Winter Series of tournaments on Belews. One of them is Old Salt Bassmasters and the other is posted on the BBC forum. Scott it is impossible to make everyone happy and Thanks for what you do.
    Last edited by retireman; 11-12-2019 at 07:46 AM.

12. Member
    This is true. We was trying accommodate the majority. Just hearing a lot of negative negative feed back on Tillery. We'll leave Tillery on the schedule. My take is, if you don't like it. Don't come, you only need to fish 4 to make the fish off. It's not like we have a point system. That's why at the end of the year we ask people that fish the trail to give their input to improve it. We try to tweak it a little. Don't need someone like Dwmgg17 make comments about nothing they know nothing about.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
    .... Don't need someone like Dwmgg17 make comments about nothing they know nothing about.
    Some people just don't get out much.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

14. Member
    You do have a way to make me laugh.

First off it has been a pleasure to get to know this group of guys, and share the experiences of this derby group. The series as buzz eluded to came about from a small group getting together one winter month and deciding to see where it would go, and i consider it an honor to have been invited to attend. From that first meeting, I was impressed that all decisions were made by majority vote of the persons in attendance, The first rotation was the four yadkin lakes in rotation as I remember, twice a year, starting with tillery and working north, then repeating. The outside lakes were brought in later, again by majority vote by attending members at the ramp, and they were not required to be eligible for the fish off, so if you didn't want to attend, no harm, as it is for me and tillery in the heat of summer.
    As retireman said it is impossible to please everyone all the time, and having been in his position, the best I hoped for was doing what the majority wanted, and keeping up with the paperwork and monies. Maybe it will be best to have a meeting in December/ January
    to discuss the rotation and lakes, establish the trail, and collect dues then, so that you are committed to what you voted for?
    Either way, Scott thank you for all that you and your brother have done, and the friendships, and experiences that I have been involved in I will cherish for the rest of my life, and look forward to many more.

16. Member
    Well said, Ed.

A get together/ramp meeting in Dec. seems a fair way to move forward.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

17. Banned
    Just a observation from the comments. Did not mean to get anyone's feelings hurt. Very sorry to offend anyone.

Guys I never have fished one, but Tillery should not be in February. Swap it with the May one and you'll like it a lot.
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Just a observation from the comments. Did not mean to get anyone's feelings hurt. Very sorry to offend anyone.
    Didn’t hurt my feelings (don’t think I have any). The grammar was just poor, and as witty comments go it wasn’t, or funny.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

If you remove a lake make it High Rock

I did not get to fish any this year, but my son is really getting into fishing and plan to make some next year with him. With his Hockey schedule after Sept/Oct we are out and will never make the fish off so I really have no input on that. However, I do think RB is on to something maybe position the lakes in months so they are fished when they produce best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast