Thread: Need new tires

Need new tires

My good year marathons ST205X75 R14 are basically shot now after 30k miles. What should I replace them with?

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Goodyear Endurance, no doubt.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Goodyear Endurance
    Risen From The Ashes!!

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Goodyear Endurance +3 Load range D and speed rated to 87 mph.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Walmart has the Goodyear Endurance ST205/75R14 for $111 per tire, which is cheaper than TireRack. Walmart also has the Carlisle Radial HD Trailer Tire ST205/75R14 LRD 8Ply for $56 per tire. Both are D rated tires. I had a blowout @ 70mph with a Goodyear Marathon tire, and have since converted to the Carlisle tires. I've had no issue with the Carlisle tires.

6. Member
    I put Hankook Optimo car tires on mine. I really like it a lot. I've done this on my last two tandem boat trailers as well. There's a shop here that outfits a ton of fishing boat trailers and they recommend them, even for single axle. I need to go look at the specifics for you. However, the benefits are very high speed rating (unlike a lot of trailer tires), I can honestly say I've picked up less nails/metal,etc in tires since running these, rides and tracks EXTREMELY well at ANY speed, has a slight "cushion" when you hit pot holes and bumps. No complaints and I've trailed a lot of miles over the years with them. The only thing I'll say is negative is the trailer appears to sit lower (could be good depending on your ramps) but I've had zero issues from this. Not sure it's really a negative to be honest.
    Many may not agree with it but most that run them from this shop swear by them.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    I put Hankook Optimo car tires on mine. I really like it a lot. I've done this on my last two tandem boat trailers as well. There's a shop here that outfits a ton of fishing boat trailers and they recommend them, even for single axle. I need to go look at the specifics for you. However, the benefits are very high speed rating (unlike a lot of trailer tires), I can honestly say I've picked up less nails/metal,etc in tires since running these, rides and tracks EXTREMELY well at ANY speed, has a slight "cushion" when you hit pot holes and bumps. No complaints and I've trailed a lot of miles over the years with them. The only thing I'll say is negative is the trailer appears to sit lower (could be good depending on your ramps) but I've had zero issues from this. Not sure it's really a negative to be honest.
    Many may not agree with it but most that run them from this shop swear by them.
    They are Hankook Optimo H724
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

8. Member
    On my old boat I had the Carlisle Radial trail HD tires ran them for 3 years and have know complaints
    put between 8-10,000 miles on them. They looked good with plenty of tread when I traded it off.
    I would not hesitate to buy them again.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Goodyear Endurance, no doubt.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

10. Member
    Maxxis.