2019 Chevy Duramax

So this is a bit of a rant, however this is not the way business should be conducted.Middle of October purchased a new Silverado 2500HD Duramax. With less than 1600 miles check engine light. Take it to a dealership its a fuel metering valve on the fuel pump. They can not find any. Hey that part comes on a new fuel pump how about GM replacing the whole fuel pump and I am back in business. "Oh yeah purchased the truck for my lawn care business, no truck no can work". Nine days later still no word and no fixed truck. Started a customer care claim nine days ago, was called Monday, representative said, "I promise I will call you back Wednesday". No phone call. I called today was told that the rep would call me at 3:30. Yup you guessed it is now 5:15 and no call.So tell me why there should be any brand loyalty since there seems to be no customer loyalty from the brand?Every one keeps blaming it all on the strike which ended two weeks ago.Ford and Dodge are looking better all the time.Sure Chevy has PM'd me but all I have gotten is the same thing I have already been told before.Going on two weeks and still not fixed. It still is not believable that the parts are no where in the GM system. These parts would be the ones needed for a GMC as well.
    Oh and no truck to tow the boat for fishing. Oh what to do?

2. Member
    Stopped at the Dealer yesterday and they are still waiting on two parts. The break down is not them it is GM/Chevy. It looks like one part is made by Bosch. They don't have any to overnight. Just unacceptable that the parts network of GM is so poorly managed. Some one is making really bad decisions. (Just my assessment). So the waiting game continues on.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by campkoch View Post
    Stopped at the Dealer yesterday and they are still waiting on two parts. The break down is not them it is GM/Chevy. It looks like one part is made by Bosch. They don't have any to overnight. Just unacceptable that the parts network of GM is so poorly managed. Some one is making really bad decisions. (Just my assessment). So the waiting game continues on.
    Definitely sucks your going through this. Luckily I’ve had zero issues with mine but I have the 19 1500 5.3 as well. Looked really hard at the 2500 diesels and decided to keep my 11 F250 big block gas as it’s still going strong plus diesel has really gotten too expensive to upkeep. Used to be worth it owning a diesel but not now.

4. Member
    If there’s a truck on the lot like it, there’s your part.

5. Member
    So two weeks have come and gone still no parts. I have passed my ideas to the GM case person that one of the parts comes on a new fuel pump assembly so GM could easily put on a new fuel pump and the fact that they are putting out new trucks so the parts are out there but the priority must be putting ones out to sell not take care of customers with brand new trucks under warranty. I am working very hard to keep a Christian attitude but believe me it is taking more and more prayer to maintain it. I really like the truck, (the 1600 miles I have gotten to drive it) and understand things happen. However my greatest frustration is the inability for them to provide parts. I hope some one (the correct person not a sacrificial lamb) is held accountable. Will update when and if it ever get repaired.

6. Member
    Have they not given you something to drive while your waiting ? or pay the rental of a truck so you can keep earning a living.