Fishing friend for Chick

Always wanted to fish Chick. I’ll have some time off in the next few weeks. I want tow my boat down from Massachusetts and fish for a week. Anyone want to jump on my boat and show me around. I’d be glad to buy you breakfast and dinner!
    Dave Swimm - Ranger Z21, Yamaha Vmax 250 HPDI
    ‘17 Shearwater X22 Hybrid, Vmax 250 SHO
    I can't leave anything stock, I can't leave well enough alone.
    I need to customize everything. I think I can improve others
    designs, sometimes.

2. Banned
    Unless you have good mapping, ie lakemaster, stay in the channel or idle around as there are tons of hazzard's when the water is down 6 feet. Sand bars and humps everywhere. Towboats US ain't cheap unless you're a member.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    Unless you have good mapping, ie lakemaster, stay in the channel or idle around as there are tons of hazzard's when the water is down 6 feet. Sand bars and humps everywhere. Towboats US ain't cheap unless you're a member.

Bill

THIS ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

4. Member
    Maybe I’ll wait till spring
    designs, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVESWIMM View Post
    Maybe I’ll wait till spring

Didn't mean to scare you off the lake. Just remember that it is a RIVER that was impounded. Outside of the old river channel it can get shallow in a hurry. If you get outside the buoys just idle and watch your depth readouts closely. Lots of good fishing there in the winter months and February is GREAT if there are a few warmer days to move the fish up a bit.

Also, you may want to consider the Hiwassee arm of the lake. It is narrower than the Tennessee arm, but still good fishing and much easier to navigate because the best fishing is in the main channel.

6. Member
    I’m looking to trailer my 22’ Shearwater, all decked out w 2 helix 12s and Ultrex. It’s basically a flats/ bay boat. Similar to a BASSBOAT just flat on the bottom. I was looking for a fishing partner who wants to fish a few days w me and show me around. If you know of someone let me know.
    designs, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVESWIMM View Post
    I’m looking to trailer my 22’ Shearwater, all decked out w 2 helix 12s and Ultrex. It’s basically a flats/ bay boat. Similar to a BASSBOAT just flat on the bottom. I was looking for a fishing partner who wants to fish a few days w me and show me around. If you know of someone let me know.
    Post it on here:

https://www.chattanoogafishingforum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Jig View Post
    Didn't mean to scare you off the lake. Just remember that it is a RIVER that was impounded. Outside of the old river channel it can get shallow in a hurry. If you get outside the buoys just idle and watch your depth readouts closely. Lots of good fishing there in the winter months and February is GREAT if there are a few warmer days to move the fish up a bit.

Also, you may want to consider the Hiwassee arm of the lake. It is narrower than the Tennessee arm, but still good fishing and much easier to navigate because the best fishing is in the main channel.
    Don't forget the Hiwassee refuge regulations that just went into effect.

Starting November 15th, you must stay on the main channel around the refuge and to the Highway 58 bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by ford4wd08 View Post
    Don't forget the Hiwassee refuge regulations that just went into effect.

Starting November 15th, you must stay on the main channel around the refuge and to the Highway 58 bridge.

Good point. From there upstream is where I always spent most of my time on that stretch. Lots of great fishing from 58 Hwy bridge upstream.