Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question EC+ w/GT54 issue.......

Echomap Plus 93sv, v10.10, bow unit w/GT54

Anyone using this setup have issues with Side/Clear Vu prior to the update and maybe after the update???

Removed GT52 and installed the GT54, tried it out today. First time to use it so not sure if this was an issue before/after the update. At this point since i'm still fishing, may have to put the GT52 back on.

Issues:
    1. The side and clear vu laytout seem to not be scrolling fast enough and also clear vu image would be "blocky". Digital depth seem to be correct but depth from the image did not reflect that depth.

2. Sidevu looked real dark despite having the brightness turned up in the 80's. At times it would look bright (correct look) and then would darken up. Clear vu would keep its correct brightness.

3. If i would switch to split screen of Sonar/Clear Vu, Clear Vu would clear up and start scrolling and look correct.

4. At time seems that regualr sonar wouldnt scroll correctly even after playing with the settings.

5. What was done: turned unit off and then back on, still acted up; then performed a reset on sonar settings and that didnt help.

Here are some pics:

Here is where i change it to the sonar/clear vu screen and on the right side you can see where it starts to clear up.

Clear vu scrolling just fine then starts to mess up.....also notice the digital depth of 8.8' while the image is around 6'.

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Didn’t have all those problems with the 106 with gt54 but the darkness thing drove me nuts we had to have backlight at 100 and brightness at 100 along with contrast really high

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Hopefully someone with the EC + has it and will chime in......as for the darkness, i know that's how it is with the UHD but its running @455....now at times it would look normal and then fade to dark.....

Jeremy, our engineers want to replace your GT54 and get yours back to examine. PM me with all your contact info.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    PM sent.....

6. Member
    Isn't the GT54 only for the UHD units? Didn't think the GT54 was compatible with the EchoMap Plus 93sv units.

7. Member
    apparently it works with it, but wont do the 1200khz

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Since the Force TM comes with the GT54, they made it compatiable with the EC Plus units. It will connect direct to the unit, and will only do 840khz on down and 455 khz on side......

Here is a post that i made a few weeks ago as i had the same question.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1013921

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Working with Garmin on this.....they sent me a new transducer but still having the same issue. I did a little bit of testing last week but it was on a different body of water which had nothing but deep water.....put on the GT52, no issue, used the GT54 no issue. All in water from 5'-35' deep....the shallow water was a very small hump so i wasn't constantly in the shallow water

Went back to the original lake this Sunday where i come across this issue and it was back on the screen......stayed constantly in 2'-7' and issue stayed on screen.....later on in the day was by deeper water and the minute i moved out passed 8', the issues went away and had a clear screen.

From my best non professional guess, issue seems to be from being in shallow water. I'll get this information to the Garmin and see what to do next.

10. Member
    I've sporadically encountered this exact problem with my GT52. Usually happens to me in less than 8 ft of water as well, but exact same thing - side vu becomes incredibly dark and clearvu gets super chunky. I think normal 2D works fine though (although I don't use that much). Cycling power on the batteries usually clears it up for me. Hasn't ruined any days of fishing yet for me so I'm not too worried about it but does seem to be some kind of bug.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    When i took my GT52 hadnt seen any issues likenthat and im fishing the same places as with the GT54. Only thing that changed was the ducer. Where im fishing 12'-15' is average.....i plan on putting the 52 back on and give it a try to see if issues comes up.

12. Member
    See my reply, dude? Seems you have two threads on the same issue.

Mine seems normal. The small ups and downs on the bottom are due to waves on bow TM.

13. Member
    My Echomap 93 plus has done the same thing a couple of times in shallow water. Changing to a full screen traditional sonar then back to SideVu or ClearVu stopped it.
    It only happened right after I powered the unit on.

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    To this day, mine still messes up in shallow water.....Garmin sent me another ducer, same issue. Could it be software, not sure as i have updated wit since then and still an issue.