Point One lost calibration, please help

I added a new carbon 12 to my existing gen3 12 and gen3 9 and the carbon did not recognize the navionics maps so I did a soft reset and my point one lost calibration or stopped working altogether. I moved the gen3 12 from the console to the bow and put the new carbon at the console. I have gone through the calibration process 3 times and it says it calibrated but it does not work. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Probably a setup issue. The unit doesn’t have to be calibrated to work.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Like CatFan said. Soft reset does not reset the calibration, the calibration is not related to the unit but is stored in the Point-1.

Look at how your NMEA-network is set up. Pick it apart and look for corrosion etc in the connectors.
    Check for magnetic interference where the Point-1 is mounted.
    Last edited by Team Colibri; 11-11-2019 at 05:43 AM. Reason: typo

4. Member
    Make sure you've selected it as your data source for GPS, Heading, or both.

5. Member
    It was working flawlessly and all I did was add the carbon and move the gen3 12 from the console to the bow and use the same conn cations I had on the gen3 9 and put the carbon where I moved the gen3 12 from and used the same connections I had on the gen3 12. I don’t get it but I’m sure it’s simple I’ll go through everything again and make sure the settings are correct. Thanks for the replies.

6. Member
    Go to Settings- Network- Data Sources on each unit and be sure the Point1 is selected correctly under GPS and Heading.

You moved things, probably a cable issue... I've had 2 or 3 nmea cables go out
    ~ JG

DD214 Alumni - July 2022 -