Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Both are really good boats. I know bass cat quality is second to none, fit and finish. Customer service is great as well. I would not be upset if I was in a Phoenix. The two companies I think are the top two in quality. The cats ride is no slouch and I think it’s mainly driver input on how well it handles. (Some will be able to drive a cat better some a Phoenix). But you can’t go wrong either way.

2. Member
    My tournament partner has a 921 PHX. Great ride, looks great, awesome layout. Quality, fit and finish and customer service do not hold a candle to BassCat. Lots of issues you shouldn’t have with a $70K boat. Personally, I don’t think Phoenix can keep up with the demand.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    What year and models did you own? There has been tweaks made to the hulls over the years, and no one mentioned coming from a Lynx to a Phoenix for a comparative ride?
    When I owned my first Phoenix (721) I looked very hard at the Lynx. I really liked the layout, while not conventional it seemed like a great fit. I also took the demo ride in it, that is where i was disappointed. It was very slappy anytime it went across a boat wake diagonally , a completely different feel from my Phoenix. It may have been driver induced, possibly to much trim. With that being said I ended up in a 921 proxp for my next and current boat. I still wouldn't mind another ride in a Lynx possibly behind the wheel this time.

4. Member
    I went from a 2014 920 to a 2017 Puma. Both companies make a phenomenal boat. I think the quality and finish goes to Bass Cat along with top speed. The ride and overall fishability goes to Phoenix, along with a much better hole shot(both boats had 250 ProXS). Though it may not be a big issue to some the Bass Cat trailer is the best trailer out there IMO. Long story short I went back to a 2018 Phoenix and couldn't be happier. The customer service with both companies are about the same to me and both are top in the industry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12