Thread: Hds 9 problem

Hds 9 problem

Here the issue. No water level and temp. Put a new 80/45 24 volt I pilot ultrex on and don't can't get to the silver tag to get into settings to see it, does anyone the info that has one, the information? Thanks

2. Member
    If you mean that you’re using the built in transducer on the Ultrex select 83/200 generic under installation in system settings.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    If you mean that you’re using the built in transducer on the Ultrex select 83/200 generic under installation in system settings.
    Yes, ok great, now the rear has a lss2. What's the selection there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketman View Post
    Yes, ok great, now the rear has a lss2. What's the selection there?
    The LSS2 will be automatically selected by the Structure Scan module. You don’t have to select it in setup.
    You should have a separate sonar transducer either epoxied in the bilge or mounted on the transom. If you do not know the transducer model number, you can use the 83/200 generic for it as well.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    The LSS2 will be automatically selected by the Structure Scan module. You don’t have to select it in setup.
    You should have a separate sonar transducer either epoxied in the bilge or mounted on the transom. If you do not know the transducer model number, you can use the 83/200 generic for it as well.
    Ok thanks guys, I'm learning as I go. Thank you

Just looking at the screen on the HDS can be intimidating, but I find it helpful to view each icon on the center of the screen as a separate module.

For example:
    The top left icon represents the charting module. It displays the boats GPS position overlaid over a lake map on either full screen or split screen. It processes information received either from an internal GPS antenna or from an external GPS puck connected to the NMEA 2000 network connected to the small black connector on the back of the unit.
    The top center icon represents the sonar module. It displays a pictorial representation of 2D sonar readings of depth and temp on the screen. It processes information from the sonar transducer connected directly to the blue connector (7 pin) on the back of the unit.
    The top right icon represents the structure scan module which selectively displays down scan or side scan pictures on the screen. It processes information from the LSS2 transducer through the large black connector (9 pin) on the back of the unit.
    The HDS unit is often referred to as an MFD device (Multi Function Device) because it can display processed results from each of its modules either singularly in full screen or multiple in split screen.
    Hopefully this conceptual overview will take out some of the mystery
    Good Luck with your new unit.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

7. Member
    Thank you Bill. That help me out a
    Bunch

8. Member
    Good job Bill with the explanation.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS