Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I didn't think anything rusted in Florida.

2. Member
    Never a tube trailer again for me! Had one under a Javelin and it rusted badly from the inside. Had to find a way to store the boat while I had it rebuilt by a trailer repair shop

3. Member
    For me the main thing to check is that the trailer under the boat is rated for the wet weight of the boat including fishing gear. Bought a new I/O in 1986. Did a close inspection upon delivery of the boat and never looked at the trailer. Found out a year later the trailer was only rated for 2400 lbs, and my boat weighed 2150 dry. Just bought a used boat this fall. The tires looked new, but upon close examination the tires were only rated for 1250 lbs each. My boat weighs 2400 dry. I will be buying new tires in the spring with a minimum weight carrying capacity of 1750 each. This trailer is aluminum I-beam but I still need to keep an eye on the galvanized axle and steel springs as I launch in salt water.

When I decide to buy a new boat, anything with a Marine Master will be automatically crossed off of my list.

5. mikesxpress
    Trailers for all OEM's (made in house or contract purchased) are a necessary evil to get the boat off the lot and they have been the subject of years of cannibalization in order to reduce cost and increase profit margins. The addition of lighted name plates, fancy glass fenders, and led's are cosmetic and an inexpensive way to enhance boat sales. China bomb tires are almost always included.

6. Member
    I have a 31 year old Yaucht Club tube trailer with no problems. Also a 11 year old E Z Load tube trailer with no problems. Fresh water use only and keep the drain holes open and the trailer will last the life of the boat. Is the C channel better? Yes, but don't run away from a tube.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12