Update on my 1990 2.4 175Black Max on 1995 Procraft 180 Pro

Drained all old fuel, replaced all fuel line, went the decarb procedure in the driveway. Still have to advance the throttle each time I start and I managed to hit 51mph @ 5100-5300 rpm with a quarter tank of gas and my two young sons with me.

23p quicksilver prop/no jackplate

Is there anything else I can check myself or is it time to get it to a mechanic for a water test and diag?
    Josh Pope, Realtor, Tutt Land Company

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Need more rpm. Least 5800 and sounds like idle needs b advanced a hair. But kinda normal havin to give a carb mota a little throttle when starting

4. Banned
    Except for the first start of the day, I always have to crack the throttle to start

Same motor. 1990 Merc 175 Black Max