Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I believe the reason for the OP's question is due to his trolling mtr transducer being better than his thru hull.. so he's running around the lake with his big motor and standing up front and trying to steer the boat with the trolling mtr while viewing the screen.

KIDS don't do this at home !!!

Big motor pushing with TM down. Open water on St Clair. I get a better sonar image from the TM than I do from my shoot thru. Just curious how fast is “safe” to cover water while scouting.

2. Member
    I did miss something! My mind could not wrap around that I guess. I think I might put an external transducer on the back of the boat somewhere. Besides I would think the TM shaft would be bent enough the transducer would be pointing backwards! Sorry I did not get that fourteenth post filed in my brain. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

I think I might put an external transducer on the back of the boat somewhere.

4. Member
    I do it all the time. Mainly to go from one spot to another that isn't too far away and I want to save the trolling motor batteries. I also run a MG Tour Edition and I have several spare motors I picked up cheap. I wouldn't even consider doing it with a high dollar trolling motor. If the only reason to do it is because the transducer is better than just mount an external transducer on the back of the boat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12