bow shroud innards - wiring standards

In brief, check your wiring:
    I'm conducting a few projects and needed to remove the bow shroud. Folks, it pains me to see the shady work conducted by my dealership. I toured the Phoenix production plant within a month of purchasing my 2014 920 (Thank you Tim). As such, I refuse to believe 36v power and ground cables would be merely twisted to TM for connection and covered with electrical black tape. You cannot convince me this is Phoenix standard, no way.

Longer version of events:
    2014 - I had picked up the DownScan from BassPro for it to be added upon my arrival at dealership. They (dealership) requested I pick it up as I'd get it quicker than they could have it shipped (their words, not mine).

So upon my arrival I noticed they had changed out the trailer wheels, called them out on it and showed them the boats picture they had sent (for bank) with other wheels. Owner looked at pictures and had them change wheels to upgraded version (for 2014). They had the HydroWave in stock and said I should have it installed as well, would only take a few minutes. I had no idea a handful of misfits would be cutting, splicing, tugging and shoving marine application wiring abroad my vessel as though it didn't matter. Its been a great ride and I shall continue to enjoy my fishing platform. Just wish I didn't have to correct little things I see over time of ownership. My next one shall be purchased elsewhere. Hell, I'll purchase a Phoenix and do all wiring myself!

2014 - The changing of wheels. TM not securely mounted front deck (bolts loose).
    2015 - Noticed the Lowrance equipment behind the drivers console not secured.
    2019 - Discovered the TM PWR cables twisted together and my Fortrex sonar not connecting to from Lowrance depth finder. That adapter cable not being included/installed bugs me (ordering off amazon now). Laugh it up boys, I am.

Phoenix works toward long term relationship, not all dealerships do. There is not a better boat on the water in my opinion. Okay, rant over, I need nothing. I'm going out to correct issues found today. Have fun, be safe on the water, look out for one another.
    -Donald
    2014 PHOENIX 920 PRO XP / MERC 250 PRO XS / 25P Tempest
    FORTREX 101 / Double HDS-10s

2. Member
    Should be a little block mounted down under the trolling motor that the wires go to. I feel for you, it really sucks to have a bad dealer.

3. Member
    between the factory & my dealer !, the wiring looked like a 5 year old did it !... pretty much had to rewire the whole boat myself!..,

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The wiring in mine looks like a bowl of spaghetti...... when installing new stuff like lights, electronics, etc. i like to do that myself so i know what is needs to be done and what is done.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Came from a Ranger where the wiring looked like colored spagetti. The wiring on my Phoenix, including dealer installed electronics is extremely neat.

6. Member
    I have reworked wiring on skeeter, stratos, ranger, triton, champions and phoenix and they all were not exactly what I would call neat and clean installs, yes I am OCD but that comes from working on aircraft. Believe all the OEMs could do a better job and give some attention to detail so things are done right more secure, less chaffing and just overall better craftsmanship (just a matter of training the installers). Heck wiring on bassboats hasn't changed much in the last 30 yrs no reason for it to still be a big bowl of spaghetti.

My wiring is ok on my 721. No complaints really and I’ve ran a lot of wire in it over the years. But when I look at a 9 series with the upgraded wiring system I really wish I had that in my 721. It’s something you don’t think about other than maybe 1 or 2 times a year but it would make life a tad easier.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    My wiring is ok on my 721. No complaints really and I’ve ran a lot of wire in it over the years. But when I look at a 9 series with the upgraded wiring system I really wish I had that in my 721. It’s something you don’t think about other than maybe 1 or 2 times a year but it would make life a tad easier.
    I have a 921 and never looked at the wiring in other series. What's the difference? Because I am not impressed either with the installation.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    I bought my new boat without graphs and trolling motor. That way I could install what I wanted and the way I wanted.
    It took me about 3 week to get everything ordered and installed.
    For the electronics 6 ga. tinned copper wire from battery to battery disconnect switch to breaker to fuse block. from there 10 ga tinned
    copper wire is run to each component. I did have to go thru a lot of the factory wiring and clean it up a little bit just to make it neat.
    I do think that the factory wiring could be done a little neater.
    One thing I did when I bought my new boat was to get a copy of the wiring diagram.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

10. Member
    I just picked up an 819. So far from what I have seen the wiring seems pretty good. Cleaner than my last boat. However I do have a .6 volt drop going to the console graph that I haven’t chased down yet. It may be a bad splice from the dealer or a bad connection somewhere from the factory.

I also added a battery cut off with 6 ga. tinned to the battery and a covered bus bar.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.