Thread: Garmin force

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Ring fry, thanks for the info on the servo motor noise. I’ve been considering upgrading my trolling motor from the Fortrex to something with greater capabilities and currently considering various options. The Force definitely has my attention. Wondering if the trolling motor will some how allow use of my helix mega 12 with 360 as well as my 93Sv for dedicated Livescope. Best of all worlds possible with the Force?8E77D966-DEF1-4AC4-8FCD-9E49A67F36C4.jpeg
    Last edited by brianf.; 11-20-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Does the force integrate to garmin units? If so, What capabilities does this integration provide?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

3. Member
    brianf. that mount will not work on the Force as the entire shaft rotates. It's a one piece shaft from the torpedo to the head.

Hollada Simple integration with your Garmin chartplotter via a wireless connection makes using the built-in autopilot easy. Create routes to your favorite waypoint, and follow tracks while you fish. The built-in autopilot, with integrated heading sensor and GPS, provides anchor lock, heading hold and cruise control. Check your settings on the unit, your chartplotter or sunlight-visible remote display. Just set your track, and it will guide you along your course.

Integrated Sonar

The Force trolling motor comes with an integrated transducer with CHIRP traditional and Ultra High-Definition ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars with imperceptible sonar noise interference. The cable management system protects the built-in transducer cables as well as additional accessories, including the full range of Panoptix™ and Panoptix LiveScope™ sonars. Full sonar support is available for the GPSMAP® 8400/8600xsv and ECHOMAP™ Ultra models only. See the specs tab for more details on partial sonar support.
    SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

Hows the peddle getting used to. Do you ever hit the anchor button on accident?
    Wondering about those LED lights on top and fishing at night. Can you turn them off? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    brianf. that mount will not work on the Force as the entire shaft rotates. It's a one piece shaft from the torpedo to the head.

Hollada Simple integration with your Garmin chartplotter via a wireless connection makes using the built-in autopilot easy. Create routes to your favorite waypoint, and follow tracks while you fish. The built-in autopilot, with integrated heading sensor and GPS, provides anchor lock, heading hold and cruise control. Check your settings on the unit, your chartplotter or sunlight-visible remote display. Just set your track, and it will guide you along your course.

Integrated Sonar

[FONT="]The Force trolling motor comes with an integrated transducer with CHIRP traditional and Ultra High-Definition ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars with imperceptible sonar noise interference. The cable management system protects the built-in transducer cables as well as additional accessories, including the full range of Panoptix™ and Panoptix LiveScope™ sonars. Full sonar support is available for the GPSMAP® 8400/8600xsv and ECHOMAP™ Ultra models only. See the specs tab for more details on partial sonar support.
    SE Kansas grass grower

[/FONT]
    So no additional stuff like follow the contour, or circle a waypoint at a definable radius? Can you go to any waypoint on the graph via the remote?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Member
    I believe Minn Kota has a patent on following contours, thus why it has not been a feature for MotorGuide/Lowrance combination and does not seem to be available for the new Garmin motor and electronics integration as well as Lowrance's motor and integration to their own units.

7. Member
    Such a simple idea is a “patent”? Patents are abused, started by the company Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by DQM View Post
    I believe Minn Kota has a patent on following contours, thus why it has not been a feature for MotorGuide/Lowrance combination and does not seem to be available for the new Garmin motor and electronics integration as well as Lowrance's motor and integration to their own units.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 11-22-2019 at 09:26 AM.

For those commenting about the cable channel on the Force bracket, note that the LiveScope units produced since early August do allow for the transducer cable to be routed through the cable channel on the Force. These newer version cables have an alpha-numeric string of characters printed about every 12 inches along the cable. The original cables have no text. Note that the solid threaded collar must be cut off to allow for routing through the cable channel, then replaced with a split collar. The split collar has been included with the LiveScope system since April 2019. You can also get one here:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/27937
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Does the force integrate to garmin units? If so, What capabilities does this integration provide?
    The unit compatibility tab for the Force motor is now active. With the latest updates, all these units offer similar support. Note that the larger screen units can fit more options on the trolling motor bar. The smaller screen units also have all the features, but the lesser used items will be found in the menu.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/61...024-00#devices
    Garmin Pro Team

I can't tell from the marketing info.... do the nearby waypoints from the garmin head unit download to the remote so that I can select one on the remote and tell the unit to go-to it?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I can't tell from the marketing info.... do the nearby waypoints from the garmin head unit download to the remote so that I can select one on the remote and tell the unit to go-to it?
    You don't have to download anything manually. They are recognized by the remote. Simply hit "go to waypoint". It's pretty cool.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

Never mentioned a manual download. So the waypoints do download from the garmin head unit to the remote. Just curious, can the downloaded waypoints be sorted by date, distance from boat, name? And is there a distance restriction? With the ultrex and ipilot link, they need to be within 1/4 mile of the boat.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

13. Member
    They show up on hand held by the closest one first. I don't think you can sort them in any way but I haven't tried, so I coud be wrong. And I don't know about the distance restriction for sure either. I've only used it when I've been fairly close to a way point. Quarter to a half mile.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Such a simple idea is a “patent”? Patents are abused, started by the company Apple.
    What was started by Apple?
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

15. Member
    Minn Kota states 1/4 mile. I doubt you would elect to use the trolling motor to go 1/2 mile to the next spot unless you needed a nap between spots. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    We at jones trokkingmotor addressed that with Garmin, to which they had no answer.
    One would think that Garmin would have at least came out with an easier was to hook up the panoptics, either on their own TM or with another type of bracket.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianf. View Post
    Ring fry, thanks for the info on the servo motor noise. I’ve been considering upgrading my trolling motor from the Fortrex to something with greater capabilities and currently considering various options. The Force definitely has my attention. Wondering if the trolling motor will some how allow use of my helix mega 12 with 360 as well as my 93Sv for dedicated Livescope. Best of all worlds possible with the Force?8E77D966-DEF1-4AC4-8FCD-9E49A67F36C4.jpeg
    I would like to do the same, I hope Garmin design some accesories for Humminbird users...

18. Member
    Just installed Garmin Force TM and Panoptix. All well except I hate the wiring configuration. Panoptix mount is for all three views so you have to leave enough slack which is fine but attaching the cable up the shaft you have to be very careful storing the TM so it does not pinch the cable. Not sure if it could be routed in the outside channel of the TM if you could remove the outride ring of the canon plug and then not sure if even that would fit in the channel.
    Poor design by Garmin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12