Compartment lights

Does anyone have any recommendations on push button style led for my boat compartments, like ones that take AAA batteries. There are tons of options on Amazon but I’m not sure if there is one better than the other. Thanks!

I put rechargeable lights in my Ranger. They have a motion setting. Raise the lid and the light comes on. They are LED and just bright enough to see good at night but not so bright they blind you. They run about $10 a light. Let me know if you might be interested and I’ll dig up the info on them.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

3. Member
    I see those $3-$5 round led lights at Walmart and homedepot. If I thought I would really use them that’s what I would try.

Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    I put rechargeable lights in my Ranger. They have a motion setting. Raise the lid and the light comes on. They are LED and just bright enough to see good at night but not so bright they blind you. They run about $10 a light. Let me know if you might be interested and I’ll dig up the info on them.
    That's the best idea that I've seen in a long time!! You should post this in the Clever Tips and Ideas forum.

5. Member
    Thanks to both!

high 2. I am certainly interested in seeing what you have used.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    Do you have to take them out to recharge them?

7. Member

Last edited by high 2; 11-14-2019 at 03:04 PM.

https://i.postimg.cc/tRrZHJP2/1989-F...5377382633.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/NfMXymY3/50-B3-C0-B1-5-B98-41-B1-82-E8-CB0-F14-F4-B1-BA.https://i.postimg.cc/mkdFX23p/C08981...B45311-AAF.jpg
    Here are the pics of the light. They are attached with Velcro so they can be removed to charge. Charging is a standard USB port and cable is included. Do a search on Amazon and they will pop up. Around $20 for a pair

10. Member
    Just wire in some bluewater led strips and be done with it. No charging, changing batteries, etc and only a few hours time.

11. Member
    Don't laugh, but those Toilet lights they advertised on TV work great. I put them in cabinets, drawers, etc. Had em 3 years and they're not dead yet. Plus, you can set the color (blue is pretty cool). Some double-sided tape and you're good. Of course, bouncing around may kill the batteries, but the things have been a great little invention for me.

12. Member
    I bought ones at Big Lots and some Velcro strips, lots of light and cheap but do not night fish either so, I think I lit the boat up for 25.00,
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

13. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar

14. Member
    This is a good idea. I ran some strip light in my compartments but I used red (I had a set sitting in the garage so I decided to install them instead of just letting them sit) and when looking for a particular color soft plastic at night, red isn't your friend! lol. I'll have to look into some of these!
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71