New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Question Question on down scan for the gurus??

I have a HDS 8 up front and a HDS10 on the console do not have downscan up front just a 2D transducer,is it possible to have the front unit use the LSS2 from console unit and have down scan and 2D show up front I know it will be reading from the back of the boat but at least I will be seeing the same side by side pics instead of using it now and it shows the 2D up front but the down scan is 18 behind what I just saw on 2D?? hope I explained this right
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Ethernet from the StructureScan-module to the front unit will allow you the see the same on both units.

3. Member
    Do you happen to know the complete Module, transducer and cables needed to do this?
    Last edited by Kilroy; 11-19-2019 at 06:29 AM.

4. Member
    Any of these modules:

StructureScan LSS-1 (right)
    StructureScan HD LSS-2 (midle)
    Sonarhub (left)

Combined with the LSS-1 or LSS-2 transducers.

The modules all use the same powercable, and a (minimum) 3A fuse but the powercable is a different cable then your units. Then ethernet from the module to each unit and you are good to go. As you can se from the pics all modules have three ethernetports, if you have more then 3 units connect 3 with ethernet to the module and then daisy-chain with ethernet to the rest. (Typically up to five units works well, but two of those units will need double ethernetports.)

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    So is there a setting to use for me to have my front unit read both 2D and downscan from the rear transducer on my front unit? Sorry if I don't quite understand how I make this work ? I know what I will be seeing is 18 feet behind me but at least the 2D will be at the same time as downscan correct ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    So is there a setting to use for me to have my front unit read both 2D and downscan from the rear transducer on my front unit? Sorry if I don't quite understand how I make this work ? I know what I will be seeing is 18 feet behind me but at least the 2D will be at the same time as downscan correct ?
    You can change the source of the front unit to see the transducer in the back. I'm not sure what unit you have. Open a structure scan page, under menu you should be able to change the source. Good luck.
    Wes

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    thank you , I have HDS Gen2 8" up front and HDS Gen2 10" on the console I will check this out later and give it a try

8. Member
    If you have an LSS-2 on the transom and you have none Touch units, you have a StructureScanHD module located most likely in your starboard rod locker. Run an Ethernet cable from it to the HDS 8 on the bow. On the HDS 8 set up a split screen with 2D and StructureScan. Once the page opens, select the Structure side and in the menu for Source, select the module you have, on the same menu under View, select Down. That is how to view 2D and Downscan on your bow unit.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175