Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Id do it now while you have access.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    At the moment, I have the top cap off my boat. Would you recommend installing one of these now? Or wait, till the cap is back on?
    Is it a multi piece unit?
    You can do it either way. My installation involved nothing more than removing the old plug, assembling the new plug to the cable, pushing the cable up through the bilge, reaching down into the bilge to retrieve the cable. Then comes the real decision, do you want to bore a hole for the actuator or mount it in the back compartment? I chose to bore a hole in the side of my upper splashwell where it is very convenient and visible. About an hour and I was done. By the way, my new plug fit perfectly and used the same two screw holes as the old plug.

3. Member
    This is my second boat with one, I would not have it any other way. Kind of like getting your first remote for a TV, once you have one you don’t want to be without it.

4. Member
    I’m the OP. Thanks for all the comments. Ordered one from tackle warehouse on their Black Friday sale.

5. Member
    Basscat boats come with a fantastic all metal drain plug system. I'd rather have this one versus swapping out to the plastic plug and tknob.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123