Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bqtoot View Post
    One issue is the space available for installing. I bought one for my boat but realized that since the plug housing was a little long it wouldn't fit since I have a thru-hull transducer mounted just in front of the drain hole. Just be aware of that.
    Same issue with my Ranger

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    Why do you have to trailer with plug out
    It's the law!! Same in Minnesota, the law. Proactive invasive specie control.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Esox Z518C View Post
    It's the law!! Same in Minnesota, the law. Proactive invasive specie control.
    I understand, what you are saying but is it working
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

4. Member
    Great product, had one on my last two boats. If you install yourself don't plan on much time. Took about an hour.

5. Member
    Mine works great. Saves my back, no leaks, easy to install

6. Member
    Wish they made one for a Phoenix. Had them in some of my other boats and loved it. No more crawling on a wet ramp going in or out.

7. Member
    I read all the posts about this including the one about not having room due to an in hull transducer mounted right in front of the drain hole. I would like to install one and am currently working in the bilge are where all the pumps are with access to install one but I also have an in hull transducer but it is 2 1/2 inches in front of the drain hole. Is this enough room for the install????
    Thanks for any help here as I don't have yet to know how much room I would need.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlan View Post
    I read all the posts about this including the one about not having room due to an in hull transducer mounted right in front of the drain hole. I would like to install one and am currently working in the bilge are where all the pumps are with access to install one but I also have an in hull transducer but it is 2 1/2 inches in front of the drain hole. Is this enough room for the install????
    Thanks for any help here as I don't have yet to know how much room I would need.
    I would say no. It's not just the room required for the plug housing, you need to consider the cable that comes out directly from the middle of that housing. The cable is not very flexible and with only 2 1/2 inches, it may not be enough room for the cable to exit the plug housing and go around the transducer. That's the exact problem I had. I actually tried to install mine and found out the hard way. But try, you never know.

9. Member
    Just knock out the in hull transducer, install the remote plug and then re epoxy transducer back in

10. Member
    Thanks for the info, I will probably hold off for now.

11. Member
    Mine works great.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlan View Post
    Thanks for the info, I will probably hold off for now.
    If you don’t want to get the remote plug, here is a link for a tool I made out of pvc. It only cost a few dollars and I don’t have to crawl under the boat anymore. I considered getting a remote drain valve but this has worked so well for me that I just kept using the tool instead.
    It is post #7 and has photos.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post3334402
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

13. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    If you don’t want to get the remote plug, here is a link for a tool I made out of pvc. It only cost a few dollars and I don’t have to crawl under the boat anymore. I considered getting a remote drain valve but this has worked so well for me that I just kept using the tool instead.
    you should get with t and m or one of them and sell them the rights to that tool!!!! do a poor mans patent first!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    you should get with t and m or one of them and sell them the rights to that tool!!!! do a poor mans patent first!!
    I sure wouldn’t mind that for sure or do a “As Seen On TV”, “Act now and we’ll throw in a second one for free, you just pay the extra shipping and handling.” Seriously, though I do get a few stares sometimes when people see me “sticking” a pvc pipe under my boat for a few seconds and then putting it back in my boat. Some even ask what the heck am I doing with that pipe. I’ve had several tell me they’re gonna make one too after seeing how easy it is to use. Once you use it a couple of times, you can literally install the plug in less than 10 seconds.
    One word of CAUTION, DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. The first time I used it, I didn’t realize how much torque I was putting on the drain plug. I overtightened it and I had to drill out the plug. I had to screw in a new drain plug but I haven’t had to crawl under my boat since then to mess with the plug.
    I am by no means knocking the remote drain valves, I just haven’t felt like pull out all my batteries and stuff just to install one.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

16. Member
    I tried it...it doesn't seal properly..
    2009 Triton HP 21 with New 2016 Mercury 250 OptiMax Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Unckle View Post
    Has any one had any issues with the built in screen getting clogged up with stuff?
    If it does, you can remove the two screws and pull the whole assembly back a few inches, clean and reinstall. My old plug and the flow rite use a gasket that remains flexible.

18. Member
    Love it. Wouldn't be without it on my Ranger.

19. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    anyone have a video of it being installed ,how do you remove the old one ?
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

20. Member
    At the moment, I have the top cap off my boat. Would you recommend installing one of these now? Or wait, till the cap is back on?
    Is it a multi piece unit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast