Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Extended Product Protection

115 ProXS 4s #2B387820

My factory warranty is set to expire early next year and since I'm keeping this boat/motor several more years an extended warranty might make since. Never purchased or had one before, anything to be aware of or is it pretty straight forward? I assume Platinum is the way to go? Looks like a $25 deductible for each "service event"....

Thoughts welcome....

2. Member
    It makes sense to shop between dealers. Prices can be different between dealers and between some states. It doesn't matter which dealer you buy it from.
    It's registered with Mercury,not which dealer it's from. Some state laws limit discounts on warranties.

As expensive as it is to replace some electronic items, yeah, Platinum is the way to go.

First glance is roughly $1700 for 5 years? That's a no-brainer in my opinion. One bad event could be many times that amount.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We offer special BBC member pricing for PLATINUM Product Protection- drop me an email (must be quoted in writing through our email system) and include your engine serial number.

Be glad to help!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    We offer special BBC member pricing for PLATINUM Product Protection- drop me an email (must be quoted in writing through our email system) and include your engine serial number.

Be glad to help!
    email sent thru BBC site and your website using "Contact Us", thanks Don....

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member

Be glad to help!
    Glad to see this. Thanks for sponsoring the site. Email sent!
    2023 Puma STS

I am interested also. I sent an email if you don’t mind through your system.
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Michael- don't know if I go yours. Click on my member name (EuropeanAM) to the left of this post, and choose to send an email. That will come directly to me.

Sent sir
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

11. Member
    All I can say is that Don offers a great price...went with 5 years of Platinum coverage

Thanks again Don!!

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're very welcome. Thank you for your business!

'

Be glad to help!
    Will look you up when I get my 400.

15. Member
    Just a follow-up:

Happened to receive a letter from Mercury today with a Product Protection Platinum contract and price list based on number of years. Don saved me a substantial amount of money compared to what Mercury had to offer...just saying

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad we were able to help.

17. Member
    E-mail sent!

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony007 View Post
    E-mail sent!
    Tony... Not sure I saw an email from you. Click on my User Name (to the left of this post, EuropeanAM ) and choose to Email. That will come directly to me.

19. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Don. Email sent.

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    And responded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast