Give me the info...found a 392v..

So give me the info on these boats? 94 392v. 200 merc.
    Wood transoms? Issues? Ride? Speed? Storage??

Thanks

Pultrusion transom. I had a 1991 390 and it was a great boat. It won't ride as well as a newer design, but fishes super. That 200 should get it to about 65 mph.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90pantera View Post
    So give me the info on these boats? 94 392v. 200 merc.
    Wood transoms? Issues? Ride? Speed? Storage??

Thanks
    I had a 1994 392 for 3 years. Good boat, but I felt the second console took up too much room.in the cockpit area. It was just too "too tight" for me and I am a small guy. Also, I had a single axle trailer and thought the boat needed a tandem trailer.

Tim

I owned a 1992 392 that was a fishing machine. Loved that boat and it did everything well. I had it for 10 years then sold it to a young man who fished it on the BASS college tour. He just repowered it with a new merc ProXS and will get another 20 years out of it. I love my 521 but that 392 was one stable platform that could go anywhere. I recommend upgrading the seats to the BassBoatSeats.com ones, your back will thank you.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Great boat but rod box will not take rods greater than 7'.

I had a 1995 392 with a Merc 200. I loved that boat and to this day regret selling it. I only let it go because I thought it needed a dual axle trailer as mine was a single axle. My recollection was the boat was like an aircraft carrier. The deck was huge for a 1990’s boat and the most sable platform when fishing. Three anglers could move all over the boat and it would never rock.