Tracker stability ?

Thinking about a new Tracker ... either the 190tx/115 xs or 195txw/150xs. I've never owned a tin boat before and am a little anxious about it. The ease of upkeep interests me but I am seriously concerned about the stability when fishing. I was pleased with the 270 Stratos I had.

Tracker owners I'd appreciate any insight or comparisons that you can offer.

OR ...... Should I spend roughly the same money on a nice used glass boat? Lack of a warranty is concerning there though.

2. Member
    I have the 195txw and we can fish 2 bigs up front with little issues. Very stable, no happy feet when fishing buddy moves. Sits a little higher off the water, but not that big of an issue for me.

3. Member
    I had a 195 last year and two up fishing was no problem. Co angler moved at rear moved the the boat slightly but unless your on a barge what bass boat wont have some movement. The Classic that I presently own is a different story, If I take someone with me in the Classic I ask them to give me a heads up if they plan on leaving their seat.

4. Member
    My 190tx moves more than the 195 but I fish two most of the time and it is not a problem. The only issue to be aware of is that the bow rides pretty high when no one is standing on it. As a result my 45" Ulterra tends to slip a bit if I am steering it from the drivers seat or if I am in extreme chop. Unfortunately the Ulterra only came in 45" and 60" when I bought it. A 52" would have been ideal.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

5. Member
    I have the 190. I've no problem myself even though at 62 I'm not as agile as I once was. If my grandson starts dancing around on the back deck I can feel it rock a bit but no risk of losing my balance. Plenty of room for the two of us to fish up front.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    I have the 190. I've no problem myself even though at 62 I'm not as agile as I once was. If my grandson starts dancing around on the back deck I can feel it rock a bit but no risk of losing my balance. Plenty of room for the two of us to fish up front.

That's comforting to know, as I'm 65.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Much appreciated.

7. Member
    All aluminum boats that I have owned(several) all
    will list when someone fishing in the rear moves off center.
    Front deck standing fisherman will realize this far less than if you were seated,
    The older you get, the more unstable you are likely to become, and the boat
    movement becomes more evident. The Tracker TV 18 that I had, if the fisherman
    on the rear deck moved of center, the boat would lean.

My current Lund is as stable as any boat I have ever owned. LDS
    Last edited by Great Scott; 11-12-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

8. Member
    Turn 62 in a month and have had a knee replacement. I've had mine out in whitecaps with no issues. I find the 190 to be very stable. If I tie up, (Crappie fish mostly), and it's windy I just put the nose of the boat in the wind. I'm about 50/50 fishing by myself or with one other adult. Personal preference, I go home if the wind gusts get much over 25 mph. I'm not very large at 5' 8" and can get around the boat easily. When nature calls, there is no issue standing to the edge of the boat. I got the 90HP Merc. It goes as fast as I need for the lakes I fish. Mine is a 2018. I will say that a front deck step, that is now available, would have been nice. Maybe, I'll make my own. If I was going to buy a new aluminum boat again I would make the same choice
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

No more or less stable than any of the others in this boat class regardless of what some will say. Certainly not enough difference for stability to be a deal breaker. My dad and i spent countless hours on our old pt175 for 11 years before we sold it. It was a great boat and served us well and got us to alot of fish. We got caught in some pretty rough days at clearlake many times too and it did decent in the rough stuff. Never felt unsafe by any means.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. Member
    I'll tell ya, the past years trackers have the worst welds Iv'e ever seen. I would go Lowe or G3, just anything else. Sorry Tracker guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Jig View Post
    Thinking about a new Tracker ... either the 190tx/115 xs or 195txw/150xs. I've never owned a tin boat before and am a little anxious about it. The ease of upkeep interests me but I am seriously concerned about the stability when fishing. I was pleased with the 270 Stratos I had.

Tracker owners I'd appreciate any insight or comparisons that you can offer.

OR ...... Should I spend roughly the same money on a nice used glass boat? Lack of a warranty is concerning there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Gore Ar. View Post
    I'll tell ya, the past years trackers have the worst welds Iv'e ever seen. I would go Lowe or G3, just anything else. Sorry Tracker guys.
    I looked at the welds on the new boats yesterday. Not too impressed ~~ Especially for a robotic process. Looked like a beginner had laid seams in some of the places.

I may start looking for a nice used glass boat next Spring. Probably be better off in the long run .........

While mine gave me outstanding service for the time i had it the new boats are nothing like how my 2008 was. The powder coated finish is very nice and the darker carpet but we really looked them over the last time we at bps and man its just kindof eh. The trailers really got cheesy too. I hate to see that cuz they had a really good thing going and a chokehold on the tin market at one time. I had the smokth finish powder coat on my trailer and it looked like new when i sold it heavier brackets larger tubing and bracing. I will say the layout on the new rigs is awesome tho especially the pt190. Things change i guess. I wish they did things more how they used to.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I am the original owner of a 2006 Tracker Grizzly 1860 that is built like a tank and is as stable as a barge. The galvanized trailer under it still looks great with zero rust. My boat spent most of it's life outside and covered. Just recently I purchased a house that I was able to fit it in the garage. They definately do not build them like the used to. I do not think I would purchase another.

14. Member
    I have experience with the 190 and the 195. The 195 is much more stable. The 190 fishes fine but if someone is on the back deck moving around you notice it. Not really a problem but the difference is real. The 190 has the same beam as the 175 boats. It fits in smaller garages and is more agile on the water. The 195 is very wide even wider than most of it's competition.

15. Member
    If you want stability get the glass boat.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    If you want stability get the glass boat.
    Or a BIG flat bottom aluminum.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Or a BIG flat bottom aluminum.
    Yep a 72 width flat bottom is probably the best fishing platform made for bass fishing.