225 efi oil bleed line replacement

Hello all, my engine started smoking like crazy today, to which I found an oil line that had come loose on the head. Serial # 0G871286. 99 225 efi. The hose was very brittle, and looks like the rest of the lines are the same way. From what I've found online, it is considered the oil bleed lines and not the injection hoses. Anyways, I cannot find what size these hoses are in my book, or exactly what to replace them with. I found an older thread on here, where someone was replacing with Tygon F-4040-A, but I want to make sure I am replacing with the proper hose.For reference, the hose was directly behind my ecm, on the drivers side of the engine.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

2. Member
    Get bleed hose from a Mercury Dealer.

3. Member
    Appreciate the feedback, I found what I am needing on the Mercury site catalog. Thanks! My book did not help me as much as the site did.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

4. Member
    We replaced all the bleed lines on our 300 pro max. One came loose and the end stuck in the butterfly valve and that made the throttle stick at about 50 mph, pulled the kill switch and held on. We fastened each end with a small curved head zip tie. We got the hose and I think also the ties from Merc. We now check these lines when the bonnet is off.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    See Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum)- she usually keeps a roll of the appropriate Mercury bleed line.

Note carefully the length shown in the Parts Catalog, ESPECIALLY for the lines that cross the front of the intake. If they're not EXACTLY the correct length, you can almost count on them getting pulled loose, or ending up in the butterflies, or both.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    See Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum)- she usually keeps a roll of the appropriate Mercury bleed line.

Note carefully the length shown in the Parts Catalog, ESPECIALLY for the lines that cross the front of the intake. If they're not EXACTLY the correct length, you can almost count on them getting pulled loose, or ending up in the butterflies, or both.
    I am having the above issue mentioned after a mechanic replaced the line in front of intake… line getting stuck in intake butterfly. What is the correct hose and length to be used, or where can I find that info?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post

PARTS CATALOG
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Right… but what parts catalog? Where do I find said catalog? Does it vary by year/model etc..?

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoRanger94 View Post
    Right… but what parts catalog? Where do I find said catalog? Does it vary by year/model etc..?
    Please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, as well as the posts pinned to the top of the Forum. Very important info there that will help you in this situation.

Parts Catalog is available at: www.mercurypartsonline.net

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor