Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    It's surprising that they have the no net rule when Ray Scott got his idea of catch and release from the trout fly guys and most trout guys use nets to safely release the fish.

Ray Scott was a great promoter and believer in showmanship. No net was about added excitement for tv viewers.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

[QUOTE=ddunn8180;10645670]the no net rule stated when they had coagelers aqnd they had problems with the co-ageler knocking fish off[/QUOTE

Not true entirely. The pro is in charge of the boat & fishing. All he has to do is tell the amateur to not net his fish. As White Gambler said, it was to add excitement for TV. You have to remember, Ray Scott was an insurance salesman. Not necessarily an avid sportsman. B.a.s.s.was a business enterprise for him. He was caught transporting big bass from lakes to put them in his own lake he built. As I said, MLF has become a big business, it's not just the sport now, unfortunately. The pros are told how to act, what to say or not say, etc. Course seems like crazy Ike didn't listen for a while ( with his obnoxious screaming to his argument with KVD). Shame it's come to this. JMHO

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Then why didn't you use a net???... Were you pretending to be an imaginary pro in an imaginary tournament???... Dan
    didnt think need a net for a 8 inch smallmouth. Nor did I have the net out.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 8theB8 View Post
    How is it the anglers get a two minute 'slime' penalty if a bass touches the boat or the angler's clothing but they can swing them in the boat and grab them like beer cans and no penalty?? I would think they would be required to grab the line first, then lip them to also protect the slime coat?

I heard one of the officials say "slime penalty", that's what made me ask.
    You did not hear them say slime penalty

6. Member
    The Bobby Lane death grip has to be ten times worse than hitting the carpet, and sadly most of the mlf guys started doing this. I hope it changes soon.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma
    2015 Ranger RT 188, Mercury 115 4 stroke

7. Member
    The only way to make sure the fish are safe and comfortable, is to outlaw fishing. I think this is what they call a "slippery slope".

8. Banned
    I think we should just go back to the old ways, just eat every one of them and think back about how stupid the comments in this thread are. It’s a fish for goodness sake, anything besides eating them, is conservative to them.

This thread was moved to the lounge.

I think Ish is gonna jerk a 1 lb bass in half , 60 lb braid and a 300 lb jerker .

11. Member
    The fish are fine and stand a much greater chance of survival when released right away whether dragged on carpet or whatever. Keeping em in the live well all day poses a much greater threat to them. Especially folks that don’t know how to take proper care of their live well. I know I see dead bass floating around the ramp every Sunday at my local lake after a tournament. Watching Randy Howell shake the piss out of a 5lber while yelling “ thank you Jesus” a dozen times at a classic a few years back did it for me.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    You did not hear them say slime penalty
    Were you sitting on the couch next to me? It's absolutely what I heard, that's the catalyst for starting the damn thread.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 8theB8 View Post
    Were you sitting on the couch next to me? It's absolutely what I heard, that's the catalyst for starting the damn thread.
    I didn't need to be next to you. I've watched every show. On the 1st Table Rock show one of the officials stammered but said fish landing penalty. Not slime penalty

14. Member
    Last edited by 8theB8; 11-18-2019 at 03:39 PM.

15. Banned

That was the dumbest thing I have ever watched, I can’t believe anyone likes that junk show.

Grab some pliers goober and get that fish back into the water.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    That was the dumbest thing I have ever watched, I can’t believe anyone likes that junk show.

Grab some pliers goober and get that fish back into the water.
    You ain’t wrong. Lol. Jesus it’s silly.

17. Member
    dumbest video i have seen

18. Member
    If they are really interested in fish handling in MLF, if it hits the floor, it doesn't count, gets thrown back immediately, and a 5 minute penalty.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    If they are really interested in fish handling in MLF, if it hits the floor, it doesn't count, gets thrown back immediately, and a 5 minute penalty.
    And, you have to vote a certain party in 2020

1 minute and 17 seconds out of water for that. Not a good look if you are stressing fish care.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast