live well lid lifts

The live wells on my 1996 Astro have become very difficult to open. And the lifts/pulls are no longer effective because I can only get a finger or two into them.

Consequently I would like to replace those pulls with the sturdier ones that I have seen in some other bass boat brands and models. But that is a challenge, in that the holes in which my current pulls sit are only 1 3/4" in diameter and all the others that I can locate are larger.

I'm not particularly handy so I'd prefer not to try to cut a decent larger hole. I'd appreciate it if a BBC member could point me to other latches/pulls which only require a
    1 3/4" hole.

Any thoughts??

Many thanks

2. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmorgans View Post
    The live wells on my 1996 Astro have become very difficult to open. And the lifts/pulls are no longer effective because I can only get a finger or two into them.

Consequently I would like to replace those pulls with the sturdier ones that I have seen in some other bass boat brands and models. But that is a challenge, in that the holes in which my current pulls sit are only 1 3/4" in diameter and all the others that I can locate are larger.

I'm not particularly handy so I'd prefer not to try to cut a decent larger hole. I'd appreciate it if a BBC member could point me to other latches/pulls which only require a
    1 3/4" hole.

Any thoughts??

Many thanks
    I have a 97' Astro 2000 - a few years ago I ordered my replacements from the C&O Marine parts department in TN. You can give them a call at 888-868-0361. But there are other places that sell similar. https://www.boatoutfitters.com/black...dle-3x3-inches

3. Member
    Many thanks.

4. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmorgans View Post
    Many thanks.
    You are welcome. I do want to add that I also added black straps to make pulling them up easier. Those handles just look good lol....I never open with them.