No updates to G3 Map?

It seems the G3 map hasn’t been updated Since the initial release. Garmin Express still shows version 2019.0. Any info on this?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    From what Garmin told me they put out updates about twice a year for mapping..........
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I’m concerned if we (the group who chose Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 9x last year around this time) will be able to get another update before the one year free update expires.

4. Member
    I was on the phone with a support guy this week.
    He mentioned that there is another update coming out soon before the year is up.
    And another one next summer.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    I was on the phone with a support guy this week.
    He mentioned that there is another update coming out soon before the year is up.
    And another one next summer.
    I hope that fixing "lake level" is part of fixes when the do come out with an update. One of the main reasons I upgraded and it no longer works. My lakes are HD and I love the detail but my lake level also fluctuates 30 plus feet from winter to summer.

6. Member
    30 feet, wow that is extreme. Couldn't you just change the shading on your current map to show like everything under 30 feet in red and adjust other depth colors as needed?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post
    I hope that fixing "lake level" is part of fixes when the do come out with an update. One of the main reasons I upgraded and it no longer works. My lakes are HD and I love the detail but my lake level also fluctuates 30 plus feet from winter to summer.
    Same here. The levels shown on my lake, if they were true, water would be over the emergency spillway...lol! Funny thing is my lake is a Navionics map. The depth shows correct on the Navionics website and on the Active Captain website...however it way wrong as shown on the Active Captain app and map loaded into the unit.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

8. Member
    Garmin use to show the level the lake was scanned at on the g2 cards so all you had to do was look at that depth the chart was made at then look at what the actual lake level was and do the quick math. Now it doesn't show that anymore so you have to zoom in and get on a contour line and try to match up all your depths. Its def a lot more aggravating.

9. Member
    TTT

10. Member
    Rumored to be out this week.

11. Banned
    yeah the Navionic's pulled maps are way off for me as well. Like the depth lines are all over the place. Some over land. They need to fix this crap.