25 pitch fury question.

I have a 25 pitch fury that has lost about 2 mph in the last two or three years. It also got a little scratched up recently. Should I send this one to Mark for B and B or get a new one to get worked. Up until now the prop has never been worked.

Many times the prop is not the reason for speed loss... Adding tackle, accessories, new/heavier trolling motor, motor not putting out the same HP, water logged boat from outside storage etc is the cause... Unless you think the cup has been washed out some, or dulled leading edge.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I think the cup is the culprit but again I have no proof of that.

Michael is dead on this, Cup wear usually does not cause speed loss unless it causes excessive loss of bow lift, Cup loss usually will cause the prop to unhook more at low speeds. It is best left to a pro to inspect and maintain a prop. I feel you are far better off to send you Fury to Mark for inspection and tuning than to buy a new prop as I have yet to see a Fury prop that was right for the application out of the box
    I dont think I have ever had prop wear problem causing a loss of speed personaly, I am carful to never run them churning up the bottem though
    Would be wise I think to post as much information regarding this as possible in the appropriate motor section for tips on being sure you do not have a lean out condition beginning
    Post all the boat info and performance data for additional guidance
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Believe it or not, Running in muddy water can wash out the cup and loose lift. Creating more drag on the hull and loss of speed. The particulates in the water act as an abrasive. It's mostly all clear water in my area and a non issue. Others that mostly fish muddy water, this commonly happens.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    I do fish a lot of muddy water and probably close to 400 hours on this prop. 2017 250 SHO, very well maintained on Triton 20 TRX. About 5800 rpms max in warm temps.

7. Member
    If your like me, 2 two years equated to about 150 lbs of more tackle in the boat.
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury

8. Member
    I wonder if I would be on the limiter if I tried a 24 Fury.

9. Member
    I run a lot of shallow muddy rivers/creeks . With silt and sand mix in the water you will start seeing performance loss in 3-4 years . I have mine cleaned up every 3 years and most of the performance loss is back .in 3-4 years my boats have gained some weight . Aka Tackle slut .