Rhino liner for deck??

How about store bought kits? Any tips for carpet glue removal?? Thanks in advance Curt

Are you thinking about the very rough textured stuff? Seems to me that although it would provide sure footing, it would be tough on rods, reels, and KNEES.

3. Member
    Have had two boats with rhino liner on the deck and lids. Lighter color rhino liner (white & light gray) show lots of dirt. Second boat had custom blue rhino liner which hid the dirt but on both boats when the weather gets colder combined with moisture "dew & rain" and you make boat runs early in the morning across the lake the rhino liner gets slippery. Both of my boats had an anti-slip additive and during warm months no issue, below 55 degrees and moisture I looked like I was on a slip N slide setting the hook. Took a splash in Rayburn setting the hook on a 8 lb bass and made some folks day as they laughed! (Caught the fish though).

4. Banned
    Store bought kits are too soft and will not stand up the the wear and tear... Commercially applied would be the way to go but Ray Hubbard just detailed their drawbacks... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_Hubbard View Post
    Have had two boats with rhino liner on the deck and lids. Lighter color rhino liner (white & light gray) show lots of dirt. Second boat had custom blue rhino liner which hid the dirt but on both boats when the weather gets colder combined with moisture "dew & rain" and you make boat runs early in the morning across the lake the rhino liner gets slippery. Both of my boats had an anti-slip additive and during warm months no issue, below 55 degrees and moisture I looked like I was on a slip N slide setting the hook. Took a splash in Rayburn setting the hook on a 8 lb bass and made some folks day as they laughed! (Caught the fish though).
    Yes there's is no non skid with frost on it .

6. Member
    If you stand on it all day, your feet/back will not be happy. My last boat had vinyl, in an aluminum boat. The only drawback was no cushion.
    I'm looking at seadeck, or one of the knockoffs for current boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Jig View Post
    Are you thinking about the very rough textured stuff? Seems to me that although it would provide sure footing, it would be tough on rods, reels, and KNEES.
    My buddy adhered a rubber pad where he reels sat that protected them.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

8. Member
    get the glue off with oscillating tool and the wood blade works awesome.

9. Member
    My current aluminum boat has Rangers “Rawhide” coating instead of carpet. I have no issues with reels. I make sure I strap them down reel up. It does get slicker than carpet when it’s raining or frosty. I have never had to pry my lids open like you do when moisture in carpet freezes. It is light gray, I’ve pressure washed it twice in three years, still looks fantastic. IT’S REAL EASY TO CLEAN UP! No more wet carpet, worrying about a kid dropping dirt of of a worm box, matted grass scum getting in it, etc...

Seadek would be my first choice. That wasn’t available and even the off brands would cost me a couple grand to have installed.

There is a company out of Tampa area that makes Blacktip that is pretty good. It is peel and stick. Has a good selection of colors and is much cheaper than SeaDek. Also Hydroturf might be good.

11. Member
    This thought, skateboard grip tape, all kinds of colors, sticky as, well you know. Reasonable cheap. I will be ruff on rods tips thought.

I've heard that the darker colors will make the deck hot as hell especially if you ever fish bare footed. The carpet also would help with the noise level when dropping or moving things around. It would make it nice to just wash out the boat after using it. I guess there is pros and cons with anything.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

13. Member
    Mine has a coating on the front deck, forget the name. The previous owner put on instead of recarpeting, I'm thinking of removing it and putting carpet back down.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

14. Bobby8
    Thought I read somewhere that it adds a lot of weight