The Wait Has Begun......

Placed my deposit yesterday on an AVX1880 with a Zuk 115SS.

Build time is around eight weeks and may play right in my hands to pick it up at the factory. I'll be close to Flippin on a trout fishing trip about then.

2. Member
    Congrats and good luck. Hope yours goes smoothly. Lol

Yeah i I saw you had an "issue". Mine will have about four special order things that could go sideways. Time will tell.

4. Member
    Very cool!! I originally wanted a Zuk 115SS but it didn't workout that way and I have a Merc. Let us know how you like your Zuk. Oh.. and Congrats!!
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Member
    Congratulations! Hope I don’t jinx you & my fishing buddy, but those Suzuki 4 cycle outboards may be the most trouble free motor you can buy. You won’t be disappointed.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

It’s starting to get real. I talked with my salesman yesterday and my build has been entered in the system.

This is will be my first, and likely only, new boat and the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought outside of the homes I’ve owned. I’m excited to say the least.

7. Member
    You are going to love your boat. I'm happy for you.

8. Member
    Congratulations.....

9. Member
    Congrats, hope all goes well. I love my Suzuki outboard it's awesome and I'm sure it will be great on the back of a Vexus.
    Polar Kraft TX195/Suzuki 200/52" Ultrex MDI

Quote Originally Posted by gbruce View Post
    Congrats, hope all goes well. I love my Suzuki outboard it's awesome and I'm sure it will be great on the back of a Vexus.
    Ive been intrigued by the Zuk outboards and encouraged about reliability due to the shear number of them I see in use in commercial applications and around saltwater marinas.

I was torn whether to get an AVX 189 or the 1880. My sales guy offered to let me test drive both. When I showed up he had a 189 with the 115 Zuk on the back and an 1880 with the 135 Evinrude. I drove the 189 first and the motor shot the boat out of the hole. When I drove the 1880 the holeshot was not nearly as instant as the 189. My butt and research tells me it's the gear case on the Zuk. I also like that it has a greater, if not the largest, displacement of the available 115's.

I know a bunch of folks will say that I'm leaving top end on the table by getting the 115 over the 135 (or possibly holding out for Vexus to up the hp rating on the 1880). However, 90% or more of this boats life wil be spent on the lake where I live. It's only 600 acres and we have a 35mph speed limit. The 3-5 mph difference will not come in to play in my world for the most part.

11. Member
    BigEasy, I feel certain you will have good luck with the Suzuki 115SS. My fishing buddy re-powered his 16’ bass boat with the Suzuki 90HP three years ago, and no problems, just oil changes every 20 hours. Another thing I have noticed as we have a lot of commercial fishermen on our lakes here in TN. Many years ago they all started using Honda outboards, and now they mostly are running Suzuki outboards. Good luck and enjoy your new Vexus.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 12-14-2019 at 05:26 PM.

12. Member
    What are the four special things?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post

Yeah i I saw you had an "issue". Mine will have about four special order things that could go sideways. Time will tell.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    BigEasy, I feel certain you will have good luck with the Suzuki 115SS. My fishing buddy re-powered his 16’ bass boat with the Suzuki 90HP three years ago, and no problems, just oil changes every 20 hours. Another thing I have noticed as we have a lot of commercial fishermen on our lakes here in TN. Many years ago they all started using Honda outboards, and now they mostly are running Suzuki outboards. Good luck and enjoy your new Vexus.
    Your friend changes his oil every 20 hours on his Zuk? Not every 100 hrs?
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

14. Member
    My bad, the first oil change was at 20 hours and then just when the red light comes back on which is every 6 months I believe. Hour gauge would be handy to just change it at 100 hours after the first one.

15. Member
    ooops

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    My bad, the first oil change was at 20 hours and then just when the red light comes back on which is every 6 months I believe. Hour gauge would be handy to just change it at 100 hours after the first one.
    This makes more sense. If it wasn't for the package the deal offered from my dealer, I was going the Zuk route. They are great OB's.

Well, the wait continues.......

I was supposed to pick my boat up at the factory on2/3 but unfortunately due to a mechanical malfunction in the trailer coating process it wasn't ready when I got there. Vexus stepped up an apologized profusely for the problem and paid to ship the boat to my dealer at no cost.

The boat arrived this week and due to my work schedule and the weather I couldn't easily pick the boat up, plus I didn't want to drag it home in the snow and put it away wet. I went to do a punch list walk to make sure the boat was as ordered and thankfully it was. All of the non standard things I had asked for were taken care of (I'll out those in another thread when she's finally home) but I found a couple blemishes in the finish that need to be taken care of.

Thanks to others on the board I knew of a couple potential issues to look for and found them; there is a rub spot in the paint on the transom where the boat buckle hook go in to it and what may be a thin spot in the poly floor on the rod box lid. I did the inspection prior to going to the Indy boat show so I let one of the guys at the store know of the issues and when I got to the show I talked to my salesman. He immediately introduced me to the regional sales guy and I explained my issues to him and he assured me they would be fixed.

I think between the dealer and Vexus it will be handled but it's kind of a pain. I'm super pleased with the boat just need to get these things handled.

18. Member
    I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). Mine was held up a bit, it got to the dealer on Tuesday. Between a vacation to FL and awful weather I am picking it up on 3/7. I don't want to drag it home 5 hours in the winter. I'm afraid of the salt and calcium from the road splashing up on things.
    I am chewing my nails down to my knuckles here, it was a long wait. I placed my order the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I need to keep telling myself to relax and what another 3 weeks.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

19. Member
    Congrats on your guys AVX 1880's hope all of your issues, and challenges get resolved really soon. You are going to really enjoy these boats, I love mine more and more each outing.