Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ththomp2 View Post
    This 36 volt thing is crazy. I fish the Potomac (tidal river) on an 80lb fortrex / basscat puma and it’s fine. Plus I save 70 pounds with 1 less battery. This 36 volt thing is the same argument as the folks saying you need a dually to pull a jon boat.

I have a few months old Z519 and agree. My 80# Ultrex has held me in some big winds and I didn't want the extra weight (why I haven't added power poles yet - still waiting to see if I decide I need them with the Ultrex). There might be times where the 36v would be nice, but also times (most all the time for me) where I like not having the extra weight. I had always decided I could go to a Ghost when they get the kinks worked out and get up to almost as much thrust as a 36v but still be with 24v.

2. Member
    If you spend some time fishing wingdams on the Upper Mississippi River you'll be regretting skipping the upgrade to 36V in a matter of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    If you spend some time fishing wingdams on the Upper Mississippi River you'll be regretting skipping the upgrade to 36V in a matter of minutes.
    Heavy weeds can be equally draining.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

4. Member
    This 36 volt thing is crazy. I fish the Potomac (tidal river) on an 80lb fortrex / basscat puma and it’s fine. Plus I save 70 pounds with 1 less battery. This 36 volt thing is the same argument as the folks saying you need a dually to pull a jon boat.
    With respect I couldn't disagree more. 24 volt tm just can't hold a full day of strong current, the extra weight is almost a non factor with all the rigging on the rides these days. In deeper water when you are holding spot lock in rough water having a 36 v is a must for a full day.

Hydraulic Jack Plate!! If you want to maximize performance, it is a must.

6. Member
    You don’t need the 36V unless you’re fishing rivers, or large/wavy lakes (Great Lakes-ish). If you’re fishing reservoirs, you’re fine.
    Ten years ago, z520s commonly had 24v trollers. Your 519 is gonna work great with the 24V. Does an Allison need a 300HP engine? Of course not. But there are folks that will tell that you absolutely need at least 300HP...especially if it’s your money...hahaha
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

7. Member
    get the 36 volt,set the dial on about 20 and fish 3 days on a charge,i will take the 36v any day

8. Member
    At this time I’m still going to stick with the 24/80 ultrex for the time being. I don’t fish rivers and 95% of the time I’m calm lake. If I turn out being that unhappy with it I’ll make the switch then. Like others have said I already have this trolling motor so it’s not costing me anything to put it on the new boat!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman2006 View Post
    Remote livewell pump out
    YES! My 2016 119c did not come with this and it drove me nuts for a while. Only way for me to get water out of the live well is to take boat out of the water.

My boat also did not come with the water pressure sensor even though I had the icon gauge (G2). and I had that installed this year. I’d just check to make sure you have this as it is critical when adjusting prop to pad.

As everyone has stated, upgrade to a 36v TM. Since it’s not costing you anything to move the ultrex over, I can see why you would want to keep it but I know I would not be happy with an 80lb on mine. I spent the money and put a 36v 112 on there and I think I can just hit 3mph at 100%. I spend most of my day between 30-50%. And I have the older 2016 version that is lighter.

Also would strongly consider the two stage winch. That’s my next investment and possibly gatorbunks.

Congrats in the soon to be new ride

10. Banned
    With the new Garmin and Ghost being up to 30% more efficient I think you will be fine with the 24 volt version. That way if it doesn’t work just get one of those two motors...

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    With the new Garmin and Ghost being up to 30% more efficient I think you will be fine with the 24 volt version. That way if it doesn’t work just get one of those two motors...
    He isn't getting those though. Add me to the list of guys suggesting the 36v

12. Scraps
    I'm with this argument. If you're fishing high current all day and rely on the 36V to hold you there there needs to be a different strategy. Like an anchor or different fishing spot. I've never had an issue with my 19ft keeping me on a spot. However, I will be upgrading batteries next season.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

13. Scraps
    PS I went to the 2-speed winch too. But I wouldn't have heartburn adding it myself. It's a two beer job at best. Then again I have the stock winch sitting on my garage bench cluttering.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

you mentioned going to the Ghost TM when it comes out. I beleve that at 24V it puts out almost 100lbs thrust almost equal to the MK 36V. I'd wait and get the ghost like you planned. waste of money to go to 36v now then changing again later
    TCnSD
    Terry Chenowth
    Santee, CA

2003 Ranger 195VS
    2011 Etec 200HO
    No Problem I'm on fish...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12