Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    FWIW, in the video last year after Matt's accident, he said he had been looking and almost pulled the trigger on a new Phoenix. But he wasn't sure if he wanted to drop $70k on a boat to get exactly what he wanted. After looking, he figured he could buy a used Champion 210, a boat he had always wanted (If I remember correctly, I think he even said he had a Champion 210 poster hanging on his wall when he was younger, but I could be confusing that with someone else), repower it, and rig it out with everything he could possibly want and still save thousands over a new boat. The only thing it wouldn't have is a hull warranty.
    Get out of here with the common sense, it's not allowed in the lounge.

I was about to make the exact same post as yours. If you're looking at a rig, the motor is arguably the most important part, and they're running 2018 SHOs which probably still have warranty. All their electronics are brand new. If you're comparing to a comparable brand new boat, the only difference is the hull and the hull warranty. But they save 20k. And they love the Champion hulls. And it's customized EXACTLY how they want it. It really makes perfect sense. The only reason why I bought my boat new was because there was a great deal on it and I wanted the lifetime hull warranty and 3+3 motor warranty. Otherwise I would've done exactly what these guys have done.

To the person who said they spent 50g on 17g boats.....my goodness was that ignorant.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Get out of here with the common sense, it's not allowed in the lounge.

I was about to make the exact same post as yours. If you're looking at a rig, the motor is arguably the most important part, and they're running 2018 SHOs which probably still have warranty. All their electronics are brand new. If you're comparing to a comparable brand new boat, the only difference is the hull and the hull warranty. But they save 20k. And they love the Champion hulls. And it's customized EXACTLY how they want it. It really makes perfect sense. The only reason why I bought my boat new was because there was a great deal on it and I wanted the lifetime hull warranty and 3+3 motor warranty. Otherwise I would've done exactly what these guys have done.

To the person who said they spent 50g on 17g boats.....my goodness was that ignorant.
    I may be wrong but I think what he meant was if you look up 2007 Champion Elite 210. the book will say 17K ( or whatever it is ), so if you are financing it would be very difficult to get a 50K dollar loan on that boat.Just a guess. I wonder if Matt did all the work himself or did he hire it out ? That would also make a big difference on savings.

3. Member
    Even the old 210’s are over 25k and getting tough to find.

http://www.buymybassboat.com/mobi/ba...ecordset1=#404

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post

That is a sweet rig, looks like it is in showroom condition, I bet he sold it pretty quick.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post

I'm not sure how they found those rigs honestly. You just don't see them for sale any more. That add is from 2016 and it wouldn't last a day if it was put up for sale now. Mostly because I would go get it lol

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I'm not sure how they found those rigs honestly. You just don't see them for sale any more. That add is from 2016 and it wouldn't last a day if it was put up for sale now. Mostly because I would go get it lol
    Champion Facebook pages has the most for sale. A guy listed a 2008 210 with a 300 yami yesterday for $28k, I’d imagine it’s sold by now. Same thing happens with the Champ 198’s, they are typically sold within 1-2 days.

7. Member
    Who knows if it was a financial bargain BUT they got what they wanted and it was their money. I would be interested in knowing the details of what they did to the hull and the trailer.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iufan View Post
    Who knows if it was a financial bargain BUT they got what they wanted and it was their money. I would be interested in knowing the details of what they did to the hull and the trailer.
    I think they just changed all the parts out, not sure on carpet and seats, they may have compounded and waxed the hulls to make them new again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345