94 Erya with Mercury ProXS 175

What should I expect out of this boat? Any areas of concern beside the normal drains and transom? Hopefully it last and I can go check it out next weekend and bring it home. Anyone know the storage length of the boat and trailer? Thanks Mike

Wow... those are rare cats. I had a 95 back in the day with a 150 XRi that would do 66 with a 24 Trophy. Not sure this model offered a swing tongue so with the CMC hydraulic jack plate I was pushing close to 22’ OAL. I’ll bet the newer 175 should break 70 with ease.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

Finlander thanks the boat interests me because it’s styling was before it’s time close to the new design now. Heard it’s a deeper hull which should make it run decent for a 18’ boat. Hopefully it lasts till next weekend and I can make the drive to buy it.

4. Member
    I've owned a 94 eyra for about 4 1/2 years now.
    Not sure about over all length on trailer.
    Nice rough water ride.
    Big deep vee Hull.
    No rear deck storage.
    With the flipping Deck up front is huge for a 18 ft boat.
    can
    Od935509

5. Member
    I would expect that setup is able to hit 70. I had a ‘94 with a 175 EFI and 65 was easy to hit. I miss that boat

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonmj View Post
    Finlander thanks the boat interests me because it’s styling was before it’s time close to the new design now. Heard it’s a deeper hull which should make it run decent for a 18’ boat. Hopefully it lasts till next weekend and I can make the drive to buy it.
    I bought mine in Michigan and had it on Lake Michigan, St. Clair, Erie and many other smaller lakes. We moved to Florida in early 2001 and dipped it in Okeechobee a few times before switching over to saltwater boats. It handled the rough stuff quite remarkably for its size and yet light enough to get pushed into flooded backwaters. It was a great little boat and worth consideration.

7. Member
    I had a 96 with a 150 Pro V. I could get mid 60's out of it when it was light. Fill up the gas tanks and livewells (which are huge) and I'd be lucky to hit 60. It's probably the best tournament fishing 18' hull there is. I want to say storage length was a little over 23', I actually went to a trailer shop and had them cut the tongue and fabricate a swing tounge.

Awesome boat.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonmj View Post
    What should I expect out of this boat? Any areas of concern beside the normal drains and transom? Hopefully it last and I can go check it out next weekend and bring it home. Anyone know the storage length of the boat and trailer? Thanks Mike
    Probably about 22-23 feet with motor down. Swing away tongue helps with storage. Couple of inches if the jackplate is different than the CMC manual one that was standard. Boat is the best 18 foot out there. Basically a Sabre...ON STEROIDS. 70+ is do-able with proper set up. Upper 60s, 67-68 with two and tournament loads.
    The boat, engine and performance on the water I would recommend. Beyond that, I'll stay quiet....

Thanks everyone for the replies the boat is in decent shape but had a 2016 175 Mercury Pro XS, with the newer motor it should last me a while. Hopefully I can get the deal done next weekend! Now I just need this Denver weather to hold out a little while so I can use it before the lakes ice over

Sounds like a fine boat. My 97 Eyra uses about 23 feet of garage with the motor tucked. I do have a detachable tongue, but I don't take it out.
    That boat should run really well with a newer 175.

https://static.basscat.com/rubix/bab...log_Online.pdf

not sure why the Eyra is missing from the 93/94 catalog but here is the 95 catalog wit hit in there -

https://static.basscat.com/rubix/bab...log_Online.pdf
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Very reminisent and I remember collecting those catalogs back in the day. Yes, seems like the it debuted 94 so it makes sence that it made the 95. I believe I had a 95/96 with a 95 XRi 150, appleceed green, blue flake with silver pins.
    Last edited by Finlander; 11-19-2019 at 04:55 AM.

13. Member
    I've got a 96 with a 175 efi. It'll run 70-71 really light. She's probably got a little more in her but I don't. I can run 68 pretty consistently but the chine walk makes it scary above that. Sweet boat for it's size.

I did not have any chine issues but had plenty of seat time with faster boat beforehand. Mine did however get loose on the pad at speed, meaning it would occasionally slide off straight or nose pull to the left while still tracking straight. A little trim down fixed it.

15. Member
    You buy that boat from a guy in Omaha Nebraska, or close to there??

Haven’t bought it yet but yes it’s in Waterloo, NE. Have you seen the boat before? Any insight would be great before I make the 8hr drive to check it out.

17. Member
    Not sure why the 94 catalog has no Eyra.
    My 94 was ordered on 12 / 15/ 93 and delivered on 2/2/94.
    Don't know how many they built that first year but I think I've got one of the very first hulls.
    Bass cat said that they never saw a bad transom in a early Eyra hull.
    can
    Od935509

18. Member
    No I haven't seen it. I'm in St.Louis MO and was going to go buy just the hull from him a couple weeks ago. But then I found out it was only 17'11". Not big enough for me...let me know how it turns out for.you..